Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Anchor pulpit water intrusion

Just noticed some water under the teak. Ideas?
    1977 Hatteras 58' MY, Hull No. 304, 4-stateroom galley up model with 8V71TIs in Knoxville, Tennessee

Re: Anchor pulpit water intrusion

Better take a close look at your pulpit coring. I just had a big surprise when having a new windlass installed. I had no outward signs of of a problem. 1989 45C that has been kept in a covered slip for the past 21 years.
    Attached Images

Nice work. Looks great.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

What a job. Thanks for sharing.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

There must be something in the air, my pulpit is off too. All the core under my teak inserts was bad and is now removed. I'm replacing with PVC under the teak and all of the blocks that were between the pulpit and deck. Rotten core in the anchor locker in the foredeck is also been removed. I'll be posting my progress as I move ahead but uploading photos has been the most challenging part of the job so far.

Walt Hoover

Quote Originally Posted by whoover View Post
    There must be something in the air, my pulpit is off too. All the core under my teak inserts was bad and is now removed. I'm replacing with PVC under the teak and all of the blocks that were between the pulpit and deck. Rotten core in the anchor locker in the foredeck is also been removed. I'll be posting my progress as I move ahead but uploading photos has been the most challenging part of the job so far.

Walt Hoover
    I can post photos if you want. PM me for email address.....
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay