Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Zeta

Zeta

Wonder what Louisiana did to piss off the hurricane gods. Running out of the Greek alphabet now
    Attached Images
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Re: Zeta

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    Wonder what Louisiana did to piss off the hurricane gods. Running out of the Greek alphabet now
    Not hardly. You know, the Alpha and the Omega.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

looks like my area again. just put the top and antennas back up and removed all hurricane lines because we were going to go out today, weather wasn't the best so we decided not to go today. now i might have to pull stuff down and tie up with more lines in the coming days. only the 4th time this year
    Mis b' havin
    1972 58 yachtfish
    58yf352
    pass christian, ms.

Was offshore today and surface temp is down to 77 degrees on FL West coast. Hopefully the cooler temps won't let it build much

after hitting lower louisiana zeta looks to be coming directly over me... time to hunker
    Mis b' havin
    1972 58 yachtfish
    58yf352
    pass christian, ms.

Another case of unexpected rapid intensification. Yesterday at 5pm forecast was for 80mph at landfall. Turned out it’s 110mph
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Looking like we might get lucky in Pensacola and skirt the edge this time... but then again, that's what we all thought with that bitch Sally.... Prayers to all in the path, I've just about had my fill of hurricane season this year....
    SOUTHPAWS
    1986 52C Hull #391 8v92TI
    PENSACOLA, FL

It hit Port Fourchon pretty good. Guy I know that rode it out said there are shrimp boats all over the roads. Buddy of mine decided to go with the shrimpers and leave his stuff. His camper is laying on its side and cant find his 30' catamaran that was on a trailer. Storm surge wasn't too bad. Got 6" or so in the ground floor of the camps. Was more of a wind event than water.

All good in Pensacola. We saw winds of 50ish in the slip, maybe a few gusts in the 60's, but overall it was a light breeze compared to the hours of 90+ we saw with Sally.

Looking out in the bayou looks like a couple of boats may have pulled anchors, not sure where they ended up. Our surge was only a foot or two, didn't even touch the bottom of the dock (that was 4' underwater in Sally).

Hope everybody over in LA/MS is safe.
    SOUTHPAWS
    1986 52C Hull #391 8v92TI
    PENSACOLA, FL

finally got electricity and internet back.... it got pretty nasty here in pass christian. about 11 ft surge and 90 ish winds with a 104 recorded gust. bent my anchor cross bar and a chip in the swim platform, i guess i left just a tad too much slack for surge, also missing a piece of dodger board. very little damage to the house. i am very thankful for the small amount of damage that we got.. oh and by the way, i wont stay at the house for another cat 2, it was pretty scary
    Mis b' havin
    1972 58 yachtfish
    58yf352
    pass christian, ms.