Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A/C Issue

A/C Issue

Hello,

I have a 36 Hatteras 1988 Sedan. The main cabin AC units circulation pump stopped operating.
    I expected the pump had failed so I had it replaced. Felt it was old enough to be replaced no matter
    what.
    The new pump does not turn on either. If the forward AC unit is started, the pump goes on. Odd.
    Question is what triggers the AC pump?
    The thermostat, (original Honeywell) or is it the A/C unit itself? Any help with this question would
    be appreciated. I also read that changing to digital thermostats is a worthwhile upgrade.

Thank you,
    Anthony D

Re: A/C Issue

Each unit has a trigger for the pump. I suspect the salon trigger is bad if they share the same pump.
    You can still run the salon as long as the forward ac has the pump pushing water.
    ENUFF. 1983 53MY.Hull #617 Barnegat Light Nj.

Thank you, that helps. I'll try and research where the trigger is located and if its available as a
    replacement part.

Look for a white Cruisair pump box on the wall. Take off the cover. You will see the triggers.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Correct, they will be in a white box on the bulkhead that typically says Cruisair. Assuming you have Cruisair units.

There are two boxes on top of the AC units. Not much fun getting to them. I took a picture of the label on top of both boxes. I’m going to assume one of these contains the pump relay. I copied the information and sent it to a Cruise Air parts distributor. They responded and said they would get back to me. Thank you for the information.

The second box that says pump relay should contain the triggers.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI