Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Engine Blower Wheel

The wheel inside of one of my engine room bowers just disintegrated-very old, tired and brittle plastic. Replacing the entire blower is turning out to be a challenge since it's 32V. Motor and housing are just fine. What I need to know is if anyone has sourced one, and if so, do you know the dimensions. From what I've reconstructed it looks to be 4 1/2" by about 2 1/2"-don't have a shaft size. Sam's has nothing.

Thanks,
    Robert Moore
    Lagniappe
    '73 53' Hatteras Classic
    Hull 391

Re: Engine Blower Wheel

I am surprised that Sam’s doesn’t have anything. I replaced all my 32V blower motors and fans and got them from Sam’s. I kept the original housings . Grainger has a large selection of fans . I have 115V AC vent fans in my engine rooms and replaced both motors and fans with replacements from Grainger. Measure your shaft and the dimensions of the fan and they should have something close .The hardest part is ensuring the right rotation, it’s not obvious from looking at the fan . Either rotation, CW or CCW will produce airflow, but the correct rotation will be considerably more.
    JMooney
    61 MY 1983 #341
    “Jerrie”
    Miami , FL

Blower fan wheel.jpg

Sam's has the motor but no listing for the fan wheel. The wheel is CCW, 4 1/2" by what looks to be 2 1/2" The shaft of the motor has rusted a bit so it is probably going to take a universal style wheel or some other fettling to make it work. Since the housing and motor are fine, replacing the fan wheel makes the most sense to me. What happened is that I started it up and little crumbly plastic blades fell out. The plastic wheel has just deteriorated beyond belief. And, as you know, there are two, so I want to address the other blower at the same time.
    Robert Moore
    Lagniappe
    '73 53' Hatteras Classic
    Hull 391

I bought just the squirrel cage from west marine. I’ll see if I can find the part number and get back to you.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Found it. Here you go.
    Attached Images
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Thanks!
    Robert Moore
    Lagniappe
    '73 53' Hatteras Classic
    Hull 391

OK, sharing this so if any of you have the same issue.

The wheel part number/description is: Jabsco 35714-0000 Blower Wheel

I just bought 2 from PumpVendor.com for $31.91 each plus 15.00 USPS Priority shipping. I'll update once I have them in and installed.

Thanks for the info, I wasn't looking forward to spending several hundred just to replace everything for some crumbly plastic!
    Robert Moore
    Lagniappe
    '73 53' Hatteras Classic
    Hull 391

I hope you actually get them from Pump Vendor. I ordered a pump from them and never got it, had to get it elsewhere. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

I ordered Jabsco blower wheels through Defender as a special order.
    Warren
    1973 Chris-Craft 47 Commander
    1994 Sea Ray Laguna 16SC
    (wannabe Hatteras owner)