Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: I am so screwed.....

OK like always it's a matter of process. Things are speeding up.

Trying to tear/cut off as much fabric as possible is a lot of spent energy and actually makes a bigger mess in which it is harder to find the darn things. So now I am deconstructing the layers in the reverse order in which they were put on.

Changing tools also takes a lot of time. So I'm working my way "down the line" ten or so staples at a time with just three tools: 1- Ice pick, to just lift the thing a hair which allows 2-The flathead screwdriver to get under there and get "one leg in the air" after which 3-The pliers pull it out.

Amazing what a fresh look in the morning does versus the 2am drudge......
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

the Osbourne works great and i would lift them part way, as much as it would with the Osbourne then use a pair of diagonal cutters to the grab and yank them in one piece, it
    s kind of a jerk to get em out whole. With two people one using the staple remover and then me using cutters after works pretty quickly. We redid all of our foam backed vinyl covered walls in the whole boat last winter. I went thru about 12000 staples putting it all back together, so I estimate that's about what we removed also.....Fun never stops!!!...................Pat

Blood? You should probably get a set of work gloves....

Before and After. Yes, rite of passage is correct.
    Attached Images
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    Blood? You should probably get a set of work gloves....
    Up on my Tetanus doc......

So improved process did about 5 times the work in 3 hours... This is very cool.....
    Attached Images
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Quote Originally Posted by SeaEric View Post
    Before and After. Yes, rite of passage is correct.
    Very nice.....
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Having not-too-long-ago taken up 35 yrs worth of carpet staples (roughly 3.5 million if you’re counting), I admire the effort put into this. Well done. Lucky for me, my cornices are as-built mahogany.
    Mike Peters, 1985 43MY, Cat 3208T, Blue Bayou; 2011 Key West 246BR, F250, Baby Blue; Punta Gorda FL

And it's back up..... New blinds (removed the white mini blinds). There's an off white curtain coming and then this wall is done.... 2 More to go. Then furniture and it should look pretty snazzy.
    Attached Images
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

If you decide to change out the pineapple pillow - I'd like to put my name in. I like them and you can't find them anymore.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Looking good, I do like the wood look.
    I was lucky got my boat with all original wood untouched bar a few extra screw holes. Guess some benefit to government ownership. Though not so much the horrendous, lowest bid paint job.
    Ray

1983 61CY 319

AnnaVal
    Jacksonville FL.