Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

1990 58" Hatteras Sportfish

Anyone know where the diverter valve is for City Water/Pump?

Re: 1990 58" Hatteras Sportfish

I have never seen a diverter valve. The city water pressurizes the system through a built in regulator. The Parker quick connect keeps the on board pump from pushing water out on the deck. The only diverter I have ever seen is when someone added a valve to fill the tank off of the dock side water and those are not good as you risk breaching the tank due to over pressurizing it.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Thanks for that. This is a new boat to me, I see a blue plastic nipple near swim step which should city water? Anyway, the line must be capped somewhere because it's not getting past the transom. I just thought maybe there was a diverter switch or something.

Sounds after market.
    Maybe it was for a shower head for swimmers to rinse off with. And not necessarily a filling point.
    Ray

1983 61CY 319

AnnaVal
    Jacksonville FL.

What he is talking about is a valve to switch from city water input to the on board pressure pump. I know my boat had a valve that you had to change to go from one to the other. Might have been an owner add on. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

I believe my setup is factory.

Shore water comes in port or starboard, merges and goes through a regulator. Pressure can be read on the pump gauge. Pump doesn't come on as the pressure is well above it's kick on pressure.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Quote Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
    I believe my setup is factory.

Shore water comes in port or starboard, merges and goes through a regulator. Pressure can be read on the pump gauge. Pump doesn't come on as the pressure is well above it's kick on pressure.
    That's the OEM setup.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI