Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: tip of the Hatt

tip of the Hatt

A shoutout to Oscar and Kay, who were nice enough to give me a tour of their new-to-them 53' Hatteras MY yesterday. There was a concours event at KIYC, and they happened to be there with their boat, so I got the tour.

There is no substitute for a boat that has always been taken good care of and never allowed to run down. "Lady Kay" is a complete gem- looks even better in the actual than in the photos. He's going to have to really work to find projects to keep him busy this winter.

Re: tip of the Hatt

He can come down to Colonial Beach and work on my boat. Plenty of projects to get through a couple of winters. I'm a giver like that.
    Robert
    MANCHIONEAL
    1973 43DC #365
    Mattox Creek, VA

The Brigadoon was perfect when MikeP bought it from Charles Maltbie but he still found projects to do.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Thanks for your kind words, and it was good to see you again, and your car, and a pleasure to show you our baby. I do have three pages of projects though.... lol. That's how you KEEP them looking that way.....

And now for this weekend's drama shot....
    Attached Images
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Mike, did enjoy his projects, that's for certain. It was always interesting to see how everything miraculously went back together when Loretta was like one day away and headed home fast. It was amazing how fast he could put everything back together.