Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 58’ Hatteras

58’ Hatteras

Does Anyone have an ideal what my boat might be worth ? The interior needs carpet or hardwood floors , Detroit 871 turbos , boat has set up unused for 6 years
    Attached Images

Re: 58’ Hatteras

Without tons more information and photos it eve nearly impossible to give you an accurate number. I’d contact a few brokers in your area and ask their opinion.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

I will get more pictures when time allows but everything is There , all mains and gens which one has 103 hours only . Sure Is some pretty boats and great lay out with upper galley etc

Looks like a 53 ED.
    GLORY Hull # 365
    Northport, NY

58’ Hull 301 according to paperwork and drawings

58’ Series 1
    Attached Images

year? Where is it at? 103 hours on motors or on the generator?
    Galley up? (i've bee looking for a 58 galley up)

A quicky survey, sometimes known as an insurance survey, will cost you around $1000 and may be a well worth investment to start a serious marketing effort.

Then take copious photographs. Take the time to light things properly and move things around to make it look it's best.

Then any and all information on systems and whatever maintenance they have, or have not had.

In my humble opinion which is worth what you paid fo it, in pristine conditions these boats fetch low to high 200's depending on goodies like stabilization, dinghies, electronics, thruster(s), recent paint, decor. In "decent" shape, which means it looks good and can be enjoyed as is with no major rehab, mid to high 100's. Start deducting from there with what it would take to get it ready at $100/hr plus expensive parts. Doesn't take much to get below 100.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Impossible to tell. “Sat unused for 6 years”. Were the engines and gen run on a regular basis? If not the boat is pretty much worthless. Air con... Working? That s a lot of money especially on a 58 with the quirky on demand main condenser.

To get decent money you need to make sure the boat runs well enough to do a sea trial. If not any buyer will have to assume he is facing a full rebuilt.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

It was started at dock monthly and keep in running condition, it is locatedIn South Louisiana And has been used fresh water since 2008 , 1977 model