Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Looking for replacement anchor light mount for 1986 Hatteras 54' MY

Why not just use a 24v bulb instead of the step-down? Much cheaper and less points for failure.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by Sadey View Post
    I had mine re-chromed for $100 bucks, ordered a new lens for $30 and polished the brass plate and man it looks awesome!
    That is awesome. In my case I don't have one to re-chrome, I am starting from scratch. PO apparently knocked it off or otherwise damaged old one, the one I posted link to is as close as I can get to original look. Putting a 12V LED bulb in there once it's mounted.
    "A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor"

Rob Waldrop
    M/V Pau Hana
    Ft Myers FL

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    Why not just use a 24v bulb instead of the step-down? Much cheaper and less points for failure.
    24V anything getting harder and harder to find outside of West Marine. Even on Amazon, they're more and more difficult. Exception for now is Rule bilge pumps, which I will stock up on as I can pop the old one out and new one into mounted baskets. As for the failure point, I used to be a service manager for a trucking fleet and knew several owner-operators who's older trucks needed similar equipment for compatibility with newer accessories, and had extremely low failure rates.
    "A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor"

Rob Waldrop
    M/V Pau Hana
    Ft Myers FL

I disagree. I would not want to rely on a converter for my light. And I've never had a problem finding a 24v bulb. But your solution works too.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI