Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Looking for replacement anchor light mount for 1986 Hatteras 54' MY

large_2782536.jpgGood Saturday Afternoon! I've gotten a lot of good info on here - thank you everyone - Now I am looking for any info on a replacement anchor/masthead light including the fixture. The PO says it was "knocked off in a storm" in Charleston some years ago and since they didn't cruise he didn't bother to replace it. I've searched Sams Marine parts catalog using every term I can think of, but I'm down to asking here because looking at the radar arch I think the original light may have been removed for interfering with the radar. The one I found in the upper helm console is a straight pole with no plate to speak of, and in order to mount it I would need one that came back at least 18" before making a sharp upward turn of at least 36" to clear the radar antenna and be the highest point on the boat other than the VHF whips. I've searched other parts suppliers with no success. Any suggestions? Or should I verify my measurements and go to a local metal shop to see if they can fabricate one?
    Last edited by rwaldrop13; 10-10-2020 at 05:31 PM.
    "A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor"

Rob Waldrop
    M/V Pau Hana
    Ft Myers FL

Re: Looking for replacement anchor light mount for 1986 Hatteras 54' MY

The Sams parts section only contains a fraction of what they actually stock. You have to call them to find out if they have it. And, if they don't, they may still be able to help you with alternatives.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

I have one that also mounts the radar if you’re interested. PM me if you’d like to talk.
    Bill Allison
    Hatt 1988 60MY Grateful.
    Wilson Lake, Killen AL

Quote Originally Posted by wallison View Post
    I have one that also mounts the radar if you’re interested. PM me if you’d like to talk.
    Thanks but the radar mount is already in place and I don't want to redo it-its an older Furuno but works fine. Just need to put a masthead light up.

Rob Waldrop
    M/V Pau Hana
    Ft Myers FL

I use a potable LED all around light on an aluminum pole clamped on to one of the Bimini support arms. It is super bright and can be removed and stored when not in use, plugs into a 12 volt plug on the fly bridge. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
    I use a potable LED all around light on an aluminum pole clamped on to one of the Bimini support arms. It is super bright and can be removed and stored when not in use, plugs into a 12 volt plug on the fly bridge. John
    Thanks John. I was looking for a permanent installation solution. I talked with a local marine supply house, and they suggested using pre-fab stanchion pieces to assemble a light bar - And the bulb blinked on! The counter guy and I pieced together a rough outline for about $100 before the light. And this solution actually looks OEM. Challenge now is fishing new wiring thru radar arch, as there is no locating whatever wiring was there before. Looks like a fish tape will be my next purchase! Along with a couple of spools of marine grade duplex and triplex wire. Once I have it done I will post pictures, but in the meantime thanks for the suggestion.

Rob Waldrop
    M/V Pau Hana
    Ft Myers FL

I just priced the replacement Perko masthead anchor light at Sams yesterday...$500.00. I still have mine and will have it re-chromed. YMMV.
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310
    Sturgeon Bay/Ft. Lauderdale

What voltage?

I've had a few made for installations where I needed a custom pole to clear other items
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Re: Looking for replacement anchor light mount for 1986 Hatteras 54' MY -Solved

Well, with a little wiring and willingness to accept an off-center mounting, masthead light issue is resolved. I found this light on Amazon - https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B002IVE9...v_ov_lig_dp_it

Once I lay a piece of starboard as a foundation on the top of the radar arch, pre-drilled for the wires, I can screw this light down and replace the bulb with a 12V LED bulb.

Since my boat is wired for 24V, I installed a step-down transformer ($9.85) from 24V to 12V, so I can buy an anchor light "off the shelf" and replacement LED bulbs anywhere.

Rob Waldrop
    M/V Pau Hana
    Ft Myers FL

I had mine re-chromed for $100 bucks, ordered a new lens for $30 and polished the brass plate and man it looks awesome!
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310
    Sturgeon Bay/Ft. Lauderdale