Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Chicago 1977 53MY HRH Lola

Look at this awesome Hatteras One of a kind Motor Yacht I found on YachtWorld! https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/197...acht--3723385/
    Eddie Clemons Nashville, TN Southern Pride 1988 52CHATCS441K788 2004 Caterpillar 3406e's

Re: Chicago 1977 53MY HRH Lola

I'm not a fan of the black exterior, but the interior is really something

As my grandmother used to say, "Their taste is only in their mouth".
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

There’s a reason that’s been on the market for 3 to 4 years. Can you imagine the heat on that boat on a hot summers day.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    As my grandmother used to say, "Their taste is only in their mouth".
    I have been browsing since Oct 19, and today was the 1st time I have seen the listing. Maybe she was just relisted?
    Eddie Clemons Nashville, TN Southern Pride 1988 52CHATCS441K788 2004 Caterpillar 3406e's

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    There’s a reason that’s been on the market for 3 to 4 years. Can you imagine the heat on that boat on a hot summers day.
    Price is coming down though.... wasn't he in the 300's at one point?

It reminds me of the big Bunny......
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

The everything black exterior was somewhat shocking to me and I don't really care much for it (maybe it's just the photos not conveying it to me). I can't imagine having that color boat here in coastal Louisiana in August, the thing must be a solar powered craw-fish boiler inside.
    Some of the interior aspects are great, others I really don't care much for either.
    I guess I'm just an old stick in the mud traditionalist when it comes to classic yachts, especially Hatteras.
    A TON of money went into that boat and it shows. If the outcome pleased the owner, so be it, that's all that matters. To each his own, I always feel.
    Just my cent and a half, for what's it's worth.

By the way, I've been viewing many vessel photos here on this forum for ideas with my restoration and every owner has made terrific upgrades and great updates.
    Hope no one gets perturbed if I steal some of those ideas.

Be safe, well and happy voyages.
    Rob

P.S.,
    I dodged another bullet this season (Hurricane Delta just struck to the west of me).
    My prayers for those who were not so fortunate.
    When is mother natures' magazine going to run out?
    "Lady Beatrice"
    Rob Pettigrew
    1965 50' Flushdeck Hull#9
    Houma, La.

https://www.samsmarine.com/forums/im...ine=1599353347

Quote Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
    Price is coming down though.... wasn't he in the 300's at one point?

It reminds me of the big Bunny......
    You are correct.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

[QUOTE=Pettigrewr;381335]The everything black exterior was somewhat shocking to me and I don't really care much for it (maybe it's just the photos not conveying it to me). I can't imagine having that color boat here in coastal Louisiana in August, the thing must be a solar powered craw-fish boiler inside.
    Some of the interior aspects are great, others I really don't care much for either.
    I guess I'm just an old stick in the mud traditionalist when it comes to classic yachts, especially Hatteras.
    A TON of money went into that boat and it shows. If the outcome pleased the owner, so be it, that's all that matters. To each his own, I always feel.
    Just my cent and a half, for what's it's worth.

By the way, I've been viewing many vessel photos here on this forum for ideas with my restoration and every owner has made terrific upgrades and great updates.
    Hope no one gets perturbed if I steal some of those ideas.

Be safe, well and happy voyages.
    Rob

P.S.,
    I dodged another bullet this season (Hurricane Delta just struck to the west of me).
    My prayers for those who were not so fortunate.
    When is mother natures' magazine going to run out?[/

We have all seen the trend of new hull colors change from the traditional off white to Yellow, powder blue and sea foam green. Those I think we can agree are beautiful and classy. Black would be so difficult to keep spot/dirt free, way way to hot inside on sunny warm days. You would have to have a crew cleaning it weekly just to stay on top of it. The interior has some well decorated rooms and you can tell they poured their life savings into it. Just not my Color scheme.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Let’s go get it! I have the perfect tune to play as we’re headed south!

https://youtu.be/pAgnJDJN4VA
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93