Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: New Owner... Finally Home

Welcome to the club. These are tough boats that will take more than you can. Glad it all turned out well for you and welcome aboard. No other make of powerboat, as far as I know, has a site like this, support like Sam's, and an owner community this good.

Congrats. Our Hat was our first boat as well, and similar delivery experience.
    Prometheus
    1978 53' MY Hull #529
    Viera, FL

Yes congratulations and welcome. Where is home port on the lake, maybe we will run into each other next summer.

Walt Hoover

Congrats on your new boat, we are also new to the Hatteras world , this site is the best , we got our boat for doing the Loop and have been learning her on Lake Champlain. Hopefully they will open things back up as we cant get out the west end of the Erie. Hope you have a long and lasting time with your boat , great family activity for sure.
    Admiral-- Marilyn
    Captain--James
    1980 43 DC Hull#526
    Twin DD 671 TI

Quote Originally Posted by whoover View Post
    Yes congratulations and welcome. Where is home port on the lake, maybe we will run into each other next summer.

Walt Hoover
    Home port will be Wilson Boatyard Marina, in Wilson, NY. We're almost directly across from Toronto, and a few miles east of the lower Niagara River.

Where's home port for you?

Congratulations! I know EXACTLY what it feels like to head across the lake with such a forecast, only to find myself in the exact same seas which just came out of nowhere. That’s one of those deals where your only option is to ride it out. Glad everything turned out well... for both of us. Gotta respect that lake for sure.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Hell Ryan, home for me is Newport Yacht Club in Stoney Creek. Near the west end of the lake. We love Wilson and like to get there a couple of times a summer when we are allowed. The admiral loves any place that has a pool. Really hope to get there next summer so I will look you up. The boat is Fifty Acres, 42 c.

Walt Hoover

Quote Originally Posted by whoover View Post
    Hell Ryan, home for me is Newport Yacht Club in Stoney Creek. Near the west end of the lake. We love Wilson and like to get there a couple of times a summer when we are allowed. The admiral loves any place that has a pool. Really hope to get there next summer so I will look you up. The boat is Fifty Acres, 42 c.

Walt Hoover
    Sounds like a plan to me, Walt, looking forward to it. This shows how green I am to this lake, I really didn't even know there were any marinas past St. Catherine's. Once things open up after Covid, we can wait to explore the ports around us.

Hell, fuel burn to and from Toronto is less than a single nights hotel stay these days.

Congratulations Ryan! I know your boat well. I owned that boat from 2002-2006. I have wonderful memories on that boat with my family. That was our second Hatteras having moved up from a 1974 31’ . We are still in the Hatteras family as I bought a 1987 52’ after we sold the 36’. Great hearing about your trip and successful crossing of Lake Erie & Lake Ontario. Wishing you and your family many happy memories to come on that great vessel! Welcome to the Hatteras family . Kindest regards, Mike

Congratulations and welcome to Sam’s forum. Don’t be embarrassed because you started off with a smaller boat, we all were there at one point in our lives. You will love it so much you will say to yourself it’s time to move up a few more times in your life. Enjoy what you’ve got it’s a fabulous boat.
    Attached Images
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California