Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: Interior refresh.

Quote Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
    Cutting board fabricated and installed. Sapele glued and screwed. (Square head drives where visible.) Finished with boiled linseed oil. Food safe and doesn't raise the grain. Smooth as a babies' butt. A few minor details to take care of, but you get the idea. Garbage can under the little hatch. Two burner induction top. Also recyclables and vacuum cleaner with all its attachments underneath. Now to find or fabricate a frame and doors to match the rest.
    I’d be afraid of the burners setting the counter on fire. Hopefully the burners are insulated And my concerns are unfounded.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Robert, I’m shocked. I’ve always thought you had the best of the best. Lol
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by q240z View Post
    I look forward to the mast installation! The first Hatteras 53 motorsailor! LOL

Seriously, that looks very nice. Is that an induction cooktop?
    Funny you should say that.... just got the mast foot in. Not kidding, stay tuned. .......Yes it is induction, so the pan gets hot, the burner less so. And thanks for the compliment. Your work is pretty damn near perfect so that means a lot.
    Last edited by oscarvan; 10-21-2020 at 10:48 PM.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    Robert, I’m shocked. I’ve always thought you had the best of the best. Lol
    I don’t even got one of them French sushi cooker/diesel diagnostic thingies.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

I very much like how you personalized your cooking space. A good chopping/prep space is a must! And for the record, I am also a member of the Captain/Chef club. Cooking is a passion. The galley is my domain and I tend to do the majority of the cooking-but one does have to give in every now and then... My plans are to remove the current dishwasher and replace it with an 18" compact unit and a much-needed trash compactor in the same space. Dishwashers are more energy efficient than doing them by hand and they use less water-a plus for any boat. Plus, after living for years with a trash compactor I don't see how to get along without one. The current double sink will have to go-it's too small and just not practical. But, for the moment I have other pressing projects so I will have to make do with the current (factory) layout. It really isn't that bad, I've certainly cooked in far worse. After all, as they say, "It's a poor craftsman who blames his tools".
    Robert Moore
    Lagniappe
    '73 53' Hatteras Classic
    Hull 391

Managed to squeeze the old furniture out the back window of the back deck..... two big guys on the swim platform to catch the couch. New furniture loaded in and assembled. This is Recpro RV furniture. Reclines and middle two seat backs flip forward as a table. Comes in chunks designed to fit through a 22" door. Two pieces per section, click....click. No tools. Love it, and more importantly the wive loves it. One more cornice to de-staple, new curtains and we'll call it done for a while.
    Attached Images
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Boat's looking very nice. Now to relax and enjoy the fruits of your labor

One of the best things about these old boats is that you have regular furniture. I know a guy with a new 55 Fleming. His wife hates the built-in furniture and wishes they had their Hatteras back.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    One of the best things about these old boats is that you have regular furniture. I know a guy with a new 55 Fleming. His wife hates the built-in furniture and wishes they had their Hatteras back.
    That was very high on our list. In a few years we can upgrade in the same hour and a half it took to put this in.
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Quote Originally Posted by jap201 View Post
    Boat's looking very nice. Now to relax and enjoy the fruits of your labor
    Thank you. But I still have to make a TV stand and end table. More Sapele. And maybe I can talk Jim out of some extra ply.
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay