Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: Interior refresh.

Quote Originally Posted by racclarkson@gmail.com View Post
    I think so, but I keep getting defective temp gauges.
    You're a funny guy. I laugh long time now. But coincidentally tomorrow I'm going to write the next chapter in that story..... stay tuned.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    How about a drawer dishwasher? It fits in that space with room underneath for storage. -Plus the drawer can double as a beverage cooler for a big party. Just fill it with ice and beer. Afterword, you turn it on and it pumps out all of the melted ice, aka water.
    That's a possibility, but may not work with my cutting board. (I really like my cutting boards, the one at home is 5'x2'.......)

And the days of big parties with beer on ice are no longer on the agenda in our lives. I retired from the pro drinking tour and don't really socialize with heavy drinkers anymore. A wild night on board is one bottle of wine between two dinner guests and my lovely bride.......
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Regaurdless of who is cooking, cleaning or what you are cooking in, why are there not many double sinks in galleys? I was able to put one in mine with a disposer and love it.

Walt Hoover

Quote Originally Posted by whoover View Post
    Regaurdless of who is cooking, cleaning or what you are cooking in, why are there not many double sinks in galleys? I was able to put one in mine with a disposer and love it.

Walt Hoover
    Yes, a double sink is on my list, going to happen together with the counter top once we decide on what we want. That said, the one that's there is a good size and quite deep enough. We do have a disposal and I LOVE it. One tends to hold on to garbage on board longer, and keeping the organics out of it makes a huge difference. Plus to me it's a luxury to hit that button as at home I have an on-site septic and have to keep solids out of it as much as possible.
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

dont forget re sale when you do all of your modifications. somebody else might want the big stove top, refrig, and dishwasher
    Mis b' havin
    1972 58 yachtfish
    58yf352
    pass christian, ms.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    dont forget re sale when you do all of your modifications. somebody else might want the big stove top, refrig, and dishwasher
    Then they get to install the latest and the greatest. The connections will be there. 10 or 15 years from now they would have yanked out whatever I put in anyways. I didn't buy this boat to flip it.
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Cutting board fabricated and installed. Sapele glued and screwed. (Square head drives where visible.) Finished with boiled linseed oil. Food safe and doesn't raise the grain. Smooth as a babies' butt. A few minor details to take care of, but you get the idea. Garbage can under the little hatch. Two burner induction top. Also recyclables and vacuum cleaner with all its attachments underneath. Now to find or fabricate a frame and doors to match the rest.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by oscarvan; 10-21-2020 at 02:44 PM.
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Nicely done!
    Matt
    1976 58' YF, Hull #410
    "Time Out West"

I look forward to the mast installation! The first Hatteras 53 motorsailor! LOL

Seriously, that looks very nice. Is that an induction cooktop?

Quote Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
    Cutting board fabricated and installed. Sapele glued and screwed. (Square head drives where visible.) Finished with boiled linseed oil. Food safe and doesn't raise the grain. Smooth as a babies' butt. A few minor details to take care of, but you get the idea. Garbage can under the little hatch. Two burner induction top. Also recyclables and vacuum cleaner with all its attachments underneath. Now to find or fabricate a frame and doors to match the rest.
    I feel so inadequate.
    Attached Images
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC