Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Re: Interior refresh.

Ah! You're Mrs. Oscarvan! Nor that there's anything wrong with that!

Quote Originally Posted by q240z View Post
    Ah! You're Mrs. Oscarvan! Nor that there's anything wrong with that!
    Interesting that you classify food prep as a female task. Interesting that you assign gender preferences to any task for that matter......
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Seems more like you're turning a luxury Hatteras galley into what you might find on a sailboat; tiny fridge, no dishwasher, and cutting board mounted to a trash can.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Good observation, Sky,

Quote Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
    Interesting that you classify food prep as a female task. Interesting that you assign gender preferences to any task for that matter......
    There's nothing interesting about noting global cultural norms going back for all of recorded history (except for the last few years in this very destructive era of Western society, during which a very narrow slice of the population has lost every hint of a sense of humor).

Does your woman do the oil changes? Again, not that there's anything wrong with that.

It's Friday night, I'm drinkin', and political correctness isn't anywhere near my top priority. If you like to cook, knock yourself out. I'm the grill master in our house and onboard, so maybe there's common ground, and sometimes online humor doesn't convey well. But either way, you could maybe dial down the PC commissar.

Well I don’t know about that. I’m learning all the time. Example: From information I obtained on this site, I’m cooking my thanksgiving turkey in my jacuzzi this year.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Quote Originally Posted by q240z View Post
    sometimes online humor doesn't convey well
    That is a fact. Which is why we have these.....

Enjoy your buzz.
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    Seems more like you're turning a luxury Hatteras galley into what you might find on a sailboat; tiny fridge, no dishwasher, and cutting board mounted to a trash can.
    I wouldn't call 10 cubic feet tiny. I've worked with a lot less. A dishwasher to me is not the optimum use of space, of which I now have plenty in this galley. A lot more than any sailboat I've owned or sailed. And it's the space that is the luxury for us. Some gizmos, like the convection oven, make sense. Some don't. It's personal. The common conventions of what luxury is supposed to be don't always make sense to me.
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Quote Originally Posted by racclarkson@gmail.com View Post
    Well I don’t know about that. I’m learning all the time. Example: From information I obtained on this site, I’m cooking my thanksgiving turkey in my jacuzzi this year.
    A rather large sous vide...... Can you get it up to 150º ?
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

How about a drawer dishwasher? It fits in that space with room underneath for storage. -Plus the drawer can double as a beverage cooler for a big party. Just fill it with ice and beer. Afterword, you turn it on and it pumps out all of the melted ice, aka water.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
    A rather large sous vide...... Can you get it up to 150º ?
    I think so, but I keep getting defective temp gauges.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC