Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

80 42 LRC Rudder Cutlass Size

Hi Gang, Yes I am a Hatt owner once again but this time an 80 Hatteras 42 LRC. I am out of the water and on the hard right now and was hoping to get the rudders repacked as it seems it has not been done since it was launched forty years ago. Anyway the port rudder has a bit more play in it than I like and since this is in preparation for doing the loop and beyond I would like to start fresh. I do have a call into Sams but have not received an answer as yet. So anyone know the cutlass bearing size in this application? My rudder shaft is 1.5" diameter.

Re: 80 42 LRC Rudder Cutlass Size

Quote Originally Posted by Tampaparadise View Post
    Hi Gang, Yes I am a Hatt owner once again but this time an 80 Hatteras 42 LRC. I am out of the water and on the hard right now and was hoping to get the rudders repacked as it seems it has not been done since it was launched forty years ago. Anyway the port rudder has a bit more play in it than I like and since this is in preparation for doing the loop and beyond I would like to start fresh. I do have a call into Sams but have not received an answer as yet. So anyone know the cutlass bearing size in this application? My rudder shaft is 1.5" diameter.
    What is the prop shaft size? Many times its the same bearing.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Re: 80 42 LRC Rudder Cutlass Size

1.5" main Shafts, and that is what I assumed but have not confirmed as yet. I will roll with that for now and when it's apart hopefully i am ready.
    Thank You.