Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Masterplan Miami Hot Tub

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    And what about the legality of the charter service? I seem to remember it wasn't quite right.
    It s legal as long as he doesn’t have more than 6 guests on board. Over 6 guests on a boat under 100GT it has to be a bareboat charter which means the owner (of the boat or of the LLC) can not be on board. Also the charterer must pay crew and expenses directly which means advertising an all inclusive charter, common for day charter, is a red flag. USCG has been cracking down and stopping charters every week, mostly bareboat charters that don’t follow the rules

Problem is that the market for charter on only 6 pax is very limited.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Damnit Randy, it’s not a stipper pole! We’ve had this discussion. How are you my friend? I put your name out but it’s hush hush right now and I know he’s not ready to call. It’ll be an identical boat if it pans out.
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310
    Sturgeon Bay/Ft. Lauderdale

I have a friend who has a hot tub on the roof of his 49 Gulfstar here in Miami. It’s been there for years and no problems . I wouldn’t do it , but if 49 Gulfstar can carry a hot tub on the roof , a hot tub in the cockpit of a Hatteras would be no problem.
    JMooney
    61 MY 1983 #341
    “Jerrie”
    Miami , FL

Quote Originally Posted by Sadey View Post
    Damnit Randy, it’s not a stipper pole! We’ve had this discussion. How are you my friend? I put your name out but it’s hush hush right now and I know he’s not ready to call. It’ll be an identical boat if it pans out.
    I’m doing well, broham, but I don’t even know what a stipper pole is. Sounds like it could be painful.

Thanks for the referral. I’ll be looking forward to whatever, wherever and whenever.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    He has always wanted to maximize his hits on his Utube channel. That should help.
    With 800 views, he sure has a long way to go. I get 800,000 views by posting a diesel engine smoking under load, so I expected more from silicone valley floating along on an old stinky barge while eating cold pizza.
    1969 45C376

I don't care what the legalities of his charter biz is, he sure produces a great video.

Wonder where I could put a hot tub on my boat?

It looks like an inflatable hot tub, so probably not a big deal in the cockpit.

I liked the video but kept expecting Captain Stabbin' to make an appearance......

You cold? Go sit in the engine room.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

We are adding a hot tub to our 2006 Hatteras 80'. It will go starboard side replacing an ice box. Fortunately, we have loads of extra room up top with our little Whaler 11' with 25hp that replaced a much larger rib with a 90hp engine. The hot tub will be customized with teak steps. Up top, of course, is optimal.

I did some load calculations when putting a hot tub in a loft at my shop.

It was a about a 7 foot square one 350 gallons roughly 2800 lbs water, 500 lbs for the hot tub.
    Better have good support!