Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: What a machine....

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    Sun pads get wet and hold water underneath that eventually lead to blistering unless you have a cover for them or take them in. The problem with a cover is that you have to put in snaps which is more penetrations into the coring. The problem with taking them in is trying to find space to store them. So, no sun pad for me.
    Yeah, all that. Plus the fact that I don't sit still much......
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

An easier solution to cheap foam holding water is to put some plastic grate tiles under the foam. Cheaper than the expensive dry foam and lets air circulate under the cushions.

I don’t sit still much but when I do I want to to
    Be comfortable.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

I have two of those reclining pad things, like a chair without arms or legs and locks a different angles. They stay in the forward cabin and get passed out the hatch. Work well when catching the breeze on the front of a convertible.

Walt Hoover

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    An easier solution to cheap foam holding water is to put some plastic grate tiles under the foam. Cheaper than the expensive dry foam and lets air circulate under the cushions.

I don’t sit still much but when I do I want to to
    Be comfortable.

I don't know if it was you or someone else that had posted this years back on another forum, but I took advantage of the advise it works wonderfully.
    Regards;
    Byron
    “In this world, you must be oh so smart, or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant.”
    ― Elwood P. Dowd