Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

1978 Hatteras Yachtfish fishing expedition

I think I am about ready to sell my Yachtfish I have owned sine 2002. I thought I would fish around for some price range ideas or potential buyers here on the forum first.
    Starting in 1978, Hatteras started putting a bench seat in front of the helm on the flybridge which my wife and I really liked when we had guests on board. Boat is fully equipped with 8V71Tis, twin Racor 1000a on each engine, twin Racor 1000 fuel polishing system
    , Wilcox Seabrace stabilizers, Oil change system, 20 kw Northern Lights generator. (Having problems with the 8 kw Westerpeake generator). Watermakers Inc. watermaker, 1080 gallon fuel tanks, 5 ACs. We have used the boat from Cape May to the Bahamas with most of the time in either the Chesapeake Bay, South Florida or the Bahamas. Have started doing some spot painting to the topsides with Alwgrip. Has an awning for the cockpit and Bimini top for the flybridge.
    Attached Images
    Tomrealest@aol.com
    Needs, Wants & Desires
    1978 58 Hatteras Yachtfish
    SEA 21
    1974 46C #313 Hatteras Convertible

Re: 1978 Hatteras Yachtfish fishing expedition

some more pics
    Tomrealest@aol.com
    Needs, Wants & Desires
    1978 58 Hatteras Yachtfish
    SEA 21
    1974 46C #313 Hatteras Convertible

I have always thought that the 58YF is as close to the perfect boat as you could get for being versatile. Its not too big and has great access to the water. And the 1978-on is what I would look for.

I have no idea on value without more info. How many engine hours? What is the condition of decks, paint, window frames, etc? What doesn't work? What electronics?

I know you have taken great care of this one but details make all of the difference.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Hi Tom, what's the latest on possible sale of your Yachtfish?

Michael Ewing
    Southern Comfort
    1977 Hatteras 58 Yachtfish
    Michael & Cindy Ewing
    Southern Comfort
    1977 Hatteras 58YF
    Hull # HATAN 432