Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Leaky window

Leaky window

My port-side galley window leaks. Has anyone had that problem? It looks like it is leaking from or through the track. Any ideas? It looks like an awful job to remove the window as it’s gooped up with lots of silicone. Suggestions? Thanks Bob
    Bob Leland
    1980 58' Yachtfish Hull#473
    Seattle,Wa / Phoenix, Az

Re: Leaky window

Glass will just lift out of the track on the outside. Remove the stop block at the top an slide glass to the center. Then lift up and tilt the bottom out.

If the track as corroded though, then that will have to be repaired to stop the leak.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

I once took a bunch of firemen fishing. Had them clean the boat on the way back in. It was as clean as I have ever seen her. Next time I came down I had water in the top bunk of the guest stateroom. Found they had scrubbed the worn out caulking from between the frame and fiberglass. Ran a bead of clear marine grade silicone around the frames and haven't had any issues since.

My leak was the frame caulking also, cleaned and ran caulk bead around top and sides. Stopped leak but need to pull frame at some point for proper repair.
    Ray

1983 61CY 319

AnnaVal
    Jacksonville FL.