Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)

Threaded View

When it rains it pours.... lol

Just sitting here thinking about the last 10 days or so and WOW. I'm not one to brag but it's been a doozie! I don't normally talk about personal stuff online but I gotta share this string of bad luck with everybody, it's almost mind boggling. Before anybody asks, I'm ok, family is ok, everybody is good. Taking everything in stride, I mean really all you can do at this point is laugh at it...

1. My trucks transmission goes out, new transmission is going to take 30 days to arrive and cost $5k. We decide to buy a used prius to cover the gap (been needing a car anyways)

2. Hurricane Sally predicted to hit LA, instead turns and hits our boat in Pensacola direct, I get to ride out a cat 2 on the boat when I was only expecting tropical storm winds.

3. Stepson wrecks his truck (he is ok, no injuries, just shook up), ran into a tree in South GA that hurricane sally knocked over. Truck will be in the shop for 10ish days, $6k worth of damage

4. My father passes after a long battle with cancer and liver issues. Can't have funeral b/c of corona.

5. I've been driving the prius, but since stepson needs a vehicle he takes the prius. So now i'm driving a friggin rental car that smells funny. I own 4 vehicles and am driving a rental car smh... lol.

6. Walk out into the garage yesterday and there is a puddle of bloody water under our upright freezer (which has half a cow in it, plus fish and deer meat). Everything inside still partially frozen. Go buy a freezer from home depot to save everything.

7. Wife sprays some wasp nests along the back of our house. Spray appears to have killed the rosemary hedgerow that was growing along the house.

8. What next????

Whichever voo-doo lady put a hex on me she can take it off now, I'm good, got the point!

I know, I know, it could be worse, it always can be!

Sorry, just had to vent, thanks for listening!
    Last edited by rustybucket; 09-23-2020 at 10:52 AM.
    SOUTHPAWS
    1986 52C Hull #391 8v92TI
    PENSACOLA, FL