Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: When it rains it pours.... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Bradley View Post
    OK, I don't want to hear any ball busting this December about me having to winterize my boat.
    Funny, I had the exact same thought.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Here in Miami , we have twice run to our hurricane storage up the Miami river , we didn’t need to go as it turned out and our friends needled us about wasting our time and energy. After reading these accounts, I am glad we did.
    JMooney
    61 MY 1983 #341
    “Jerrie”
    Miami , FL

Quote Originally Posted by jmooney View Post
    Here in Miami , we have twice run to our hurricane storage up the Miami river , we didn’t need to go as it turned out and our friends needled us about wasting our time and energy. After reading these accounts, I am glad we did.
    I've ran from several over the years, some necessary, some not. My brother always ribbed me about running when not necessary. Everybody can kiss my ass now, gonna be a lot more running/moving in my future. I'm also no longer gun shy about making a last minute move. Moving in 50mph is way better than riding out 100mph.
    SOUTHPAWS
    1986 52C Hull #391 8v92TI
    PENSACOLA, FL

Quote Originally Posted by rustybucket View Post
    I've ran from several over the years, some necessary, some not. My brother always ribbed me about running when not necessary. Everybody can kiss my ass now, gonna be a lot more running/moving in my future. I'm also no longer gun shy about making a last minute move. Moving in 50mph is way better than riding out 100mph.
    It can be beneficial to run to maintain those relationships at locations you depend upon when the chips are down.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Yikes, and I was worried about winterizing before a frost!
    My favorite saying "Still looking at the green side of the grass!"
    Hope things turn around for you. I think they have to!

Quote Originally Posted by rustybucket View Post
    Here in So Florida they’re locking bridges down early typicaly when you decide to move it’s too late
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Quinn View Post
    My favorite saying "Still looking at the green side of the grass!"
    "And I'm not wearing orange....."
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"