Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

New Fridg Going in 53MY

Got the new fridge on board and have the doors off. Unfortunately it is just a tiny bit too big to squeeze past the AC panel next to the stairs. I anticipated that and got an oscillating multi tool so that I could remove part of it without hacking it up too much. So far so good. The fridge is an LG 21 cf side-by-side counter depth unit which was the only one I could find for a reasonable price that wasn't tiny. I'll update later when I get it all done.
    Attached Images
    Thom Price
    1984 Hatt 53 MY Tiramisù
    Harborview Marina, Baltimore, MD
    gondolaguy@gmail.com
    Liveaboard

Re: New Fridg Going in 53MY

Many here will be following this. That side AC panel is a pain when it comes to refrigerators.
    Prometheus
    1978 53' MY Hull #529
    Viera, FL

If that panel was easy to pull I would have a new fridge too. I couldn’t find any way to pull that trim out and really don’t want to cut it. I hope to have found the perfect fit fridge before my spring launch next season so the marina can forklift the swap in and out because it’s not really an easy task at my summer slip.
    ENUFF. 1983 53MY.Hull #617 Barnegat Light Nj.

Your 1985 must be wider at the entrance than my 1979. with that trim taken off and the handrails taken off I’m up to about 25 1/2 inches. What width do you get with your trim off?
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

I also have a similar LG SbyS but mine just fit down there. Maybe the ED has just a little more room at the stairs.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

I don't know if its still made, but our fisher paykel stainless fit down there. Several members have them, and there are old threads on it.
    supplies are likely covid challenged.
    Mal
    Miss Molly
    '85 53ED #750