Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: designing aft stair project

When I hit the lottery tonight, this is what I plan to do... along with extending the swim platform.
    Attached Images

This is what I did to get away from the straight ladder. I moved the platform out about 6 “ by putting 1 by 3 aluminum tube on top of the existing platform brackets and then rebooting it. I purchased on Amazon two RecPro boarding ladders one that is bolted permanently to the transom and the platform. The other I will use as a removable swim ladder. On the top step to make a platform to start down I found a 1” thick starboard with a tread pattern in it. Each ladder was about $150. I’ll add pictures when I find how to add them to reply.
    Salty Lady 1979 53’MY #555
    Ft Pierce Fla. Chester,Ct

Has anyone posted this one? If one of us could find a greater fabricator who works for an acceptable wage, this site could keep him busy for life. Who wouldn't want a better/safer ladder than the original??

https://www.gillenyacht.com/fabricated-case-study/

Quote Originally Posted by dottieshusband View Post
    When I hit the lottery tonight, this is what I plan to do... along with extending the swim platform.
    Yes.

My dog could handle that and my kids would be safe. I'll take it in brushed aluminum.

Nice but if you’re going to spend all That money on fabrication you may as well move the deck opening to the side so you don’t end up on the edge

And better be careful in following seas with that solid platform, without any holes.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

@Kind of Blue. That setup looks interesting. I was wondering what raised solid integrated deck box with a slightly raised swim platform would be like. No hull extension but a storage box glassed in that raises up the last step.

I currently have a 30 inch wide extension bolted on top of the original platform that extents 1-2 ft out. The PO had a H20 davit for a lightweight Rib and it needed the extension.

The issue with that is the corners and the Dink.

I find the original platform low and can bang around with a blow at anchor.
    Aperture
    1977 53' MY Hull #492

Barnegat lighthouse, LBI NJ

Found this online....
    Pretty nice.
    Hull extension +

extention-2.jpgextention.jpg
    Attached Images
    Aperture
    1977 53' MY Hull #492

Barnegat lighthouse, LBI NJ