Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Re: designing aft stair project

I have not kept a running tally, but the vertical swim platform ladder must be the single most complained-of item on 15-10 boats.

Even revising it so at least it leans in a bit would be an improvement.

A guy at the marina here owns a company the makes Wakeboat towers. I've talked to him about making a curved 3 inch diameter mono-stringer with welded on brackets for treads. The "but" is the existing swim platform really isn't deep enough for what I want.. so if it ever happens, it'll be a 2 in 1 project.
    Attached Images

Maybe this is the project where I talk myself into a serious TIG welder...
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Quote Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
    Maybe this is the project where I talk myself into a serious TIG welder...
    I have a serious TIG welder. He does beautiful work.
    Robert
    MANCHIONEAL
    1973 43DC #365
    Mattox Creek, VA

PO on my boat extended swim platform to 5' and installed a spiral staircase.
    No ladder and no complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by Passages View Post
    PO on my boat extended swim platform to 5' and installed a spiral staircase.
    No ladder and no complaints.
    we just purchased 53’ Hat hull 555. I’m the same as all of you looking to change the aft ladder and
    swim platform without breaking the bank. We are headed to Ft Pierce Fl next month from Chester Ct. Doing something to make it easier will be high priority this winter. Do you have pictures of the 5’ platform and ladder and were you had it done?

Salty Lady
    Chester Ct. hull 555

Before and After. New extended platform. We pulled the ladder out a bit to get it away from the transom for foot space, and beefed up the teak treads.
    Attached Images
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Quote Originally Posted by Salty lady View Post
    we just purchased 53’ Hat hull 555. I’m the same as all of you looking to change the aft ladder and
    swim platform without breaking the bank. We are headed to Ft Pierce Fl next month from Chester Ct. Doing something to make it easier will be high priority this winter. Do you have pictures of the 5’ platform and ladder and were you had it done?

Salty Lady
    Chester Ct. hull 555
    Been trying to post a picture of our arrangement but my iphone can't seem upload. I'll figure a work around for you.

Unrelated but I see your from Chester. We lived in Chester for nearly 30 years. Kept a boat at Pattaconk YC, Hays Haven, and Chrisholm Marina. Both our kids worked summers at Chrisholm. We now live aboard in Fort Lauderdale.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Passages; 09-20-2020 at 03:36 PM.

[QUOTE=Passages;379877]Been trying to post a picture of our arrangement but my iphone can't seem upload. I'll figure a work around for you.

Unrelated but I see your from Chester. We lived in Chester for nearly 30 years. Kept a boat at Pattaconk YC, Hays Haven, and Chrisholm Marina. Both our kids worked summers at Chrisholm. We now live aboard in Fort Lauderdale.[/QUOTE

Beautiful Any more info would be great. Manufacture of platform ,stairs

[QUOTE=Salty lady;379888]
    Quote Originally Posted by Passages View Post
    Beautiful Any more info would be great. Manufacture of platform ,stairs
    SSorry, PO installed it and have no record of fabricator.