Working on the master stateroom A/C - 12,000 btu. The unit hasn't been cooling as well lately, so I set about to do the annual adding of a small amount of R-22. At this time, it's only cooling the air 17 deg. According to the charging curves in the installation & operation guide, I should be seeing around 62 psi on the suction and 175 psi on the discharge with the air & water temps we have. Seeing 58-59 on the suction and 230 on the discharge, superheat is between 11 and 12 deg, and the subcool 10-11 deg. Temps are cooling down here, 74 deg inside air temp and 67 deg water temp so I can understand the lower superheat numbers, but why am I running such a high head pressure? Restriction in the line? The air handler is clean. When put into heat mode, it blows some warm air for a short time until the compressor kicks off. The high side line, which should now be the suction when reversing is way too hot to touch. After running 20 -30 minutes cooling, the compressor starts to ice up. The air handler is not icing up. I haven't measured pressures when heating yet.

Does anyone have any ideas what I should look for?

Randy