Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: Listing to port......

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    They told you that was lead? I have a bridge for sale. Right near you, too.
    There you go popping my bubble again. What is it? That barrel weighs 600 pounds. If it's not lead it will work too.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Rather than add weight, I removed all of the lead from my boat. I found what I assume was lead from the factory on one side and lead from a PO on the other side. Once it was all out of there, I was able to level the boat by moving my spare props and stub shaft to one side.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Sky, the only weights are about 150 pounds worth, already on the light side. There is nothing that I have found on the low side.

There is very little contamination. A few pieces of iron, "washers" inside couplings and a few pieces of something yellow, could be bronze. Meanwhile the first piggies are coming down the production line.....
    Attached Images
    Last edited by oscarvan; 09-15-2020 at 06:50 PM.
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

You’ll just be taking it off again when you add all the stuff you’re (all of us) add. Write it down.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Quote Originally Posted by racclarkson@gmail.com View Post
    You’ll just be taking it off again when you add all the stuff you’re (all of us) add. Write it down.
    That's why I'm not going all the way. Plus I have the small holding tank that's a variable off centerline to SB. We're pretty close to done putting stuff on. Some furniture going on, some coming off. Net weight gain. Dishwasher coming off, net weight loss.
    Last edited by oscarvan; 09-15-2020 at 07:18 PM.
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Aren't they purdy though? That's just South of 50 pounds there.
    Attached Images
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Quote Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
    That's why I'm not going all the way. Plus I have the small holding tank that's a variable off centerline to SB. We're pretty close to done putting stuff on.
    See, you haven’t figured it out yet. You had the boat for what, a month? As they said about John Paul Jones’s new boat, you have not yet begun to fill it up.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Quote Originally Posted by racclarkson@gmail.com View Post
    See, you haven’t figured it out yet. You had the boat for what, a month? As they said about John Paul Jones’s new boat, you have not yet begun to fill it up.
    Yeah but it's not our first boat and we knew what needed to go on and got busy. At least 50 dock carts on there, and we're pretty set. Galley is equipped, parts and tools pretty set up.
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Move some stuff around. You can probably get it level without the weights. Move the sofa and chairs; swap side if there is a weight difference. Move the tool box, etc.

Maybe the tiny fridge was a mistake. Get a bigger one to help balance it out.

Or, move the wife to the other side of the boat
    Last edited by SKYCHENEY; 09-15-2020 at 07:48 PM.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post

Maybe the tiny fridge was a mistake. Get a bigger one to help balance it out.
    Listing to port. (Not so) tiny fridge actually helping. Not moving tools, I spent waaaay too much negotiating capital to get that closet.....
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay