Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: T/S Sally

Re: T/S Sally

Looks like Sportsman's Marina in Orange Beach took a thrashing.
    https://www.facebook.com/ABCNews/vid...1069818605783/
    Looking for a 80 plus foot yacht
    Hatteras of Cheoy Lee

Quote Originally Posted by RonNP View Post
    That breaks my heart to see. If there is anyway I can help the people you know in Orange Beach who lost their Hatt let me know. Most people in lower Alabama are good people.
    I'll touch base with them and see where things stand, but I know they would appreciate the sentiment. I only know them through a Facebook friendship, but this was their first boat. USMC vet and retired AL state trooper and recently married. It was their first boat.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

They just posted this. Goes to show it doesn't always matter that you took every precaution.

"a big boat broke free from another marina and plowed through all of our boats so pilons broke free and all of our boats are gone"
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

That is tragic news. I’m still trying to run down a friend who anchored out someplace called Tarkin Bay on his 43C. Haven’t heard since yesterday. Let us know what the needs are when you know.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

the pictures look horrible, lots and lots of damage, boat loss is unbelievable. orange beach is one of my favorite vacation/boat playgrounds. all of the people that i know in the area have faired pretty good. i'm sure i will start hearing horror stories soon. god bless all affected
    Mis b' havin
    1972 58 yachtfish
    58yf352
    pass christian, ms.

Glad to see you there Bill. I take it you fared well. I've seen some terrible pictures online. Hopefully nobody lost their life trying to protect a house or boat
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by racclarkson@gmail.com View Post
    That is tragic news. I’m still trying to run down a friend who anchored out someplace called Tarkin Bay on his 43C. Haven’t heard since yesterday. Let us know what the needs are when you know.
    Well I heard from my friend, and he’s ok. But another Hatteras is gone, Old School, ‘80s something 43C.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Quote Originally Posted by racclarkson@gmail.com View Post
    Well I heard from my friend, and he’s ok. But another Hatteras is gone, Old School, ‘80s something 43C.
    Just got this from my friend. Didn’t know he stayed aboard. “Old School was at the top of Perdido Bay. Lost both anchors at time the storm hit. The storm was supposed to be 70 miles west of where I was. I believe that going aground probably saved my life. It was an unbelievable experience.”
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Terrible. Pictures are starting to come out.

Here is Barber marina, just north of orange beach. Awful. Floating piers just disintegrated

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFOAVAXD...d=fvabq0tjcg63
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    Glad to see you there Bill. I take it you fared well. I've seen some terrible pictures online. Hopefully nobody lost their life trying to protect a house or boat
    we did good in pass christian, only about 4 ft of surge. could have been much worse if sally had not turned north when she did
    Mis b' havin
    1972 58 yachtfish
    58yf352
    pass christian, ms.