Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Proud owner afloat of a new-to-me 1986 Hatteras 54' MY - Pau Hana

Congrats and welcome. Your boat looks great, good luck with her.
    ENUFF. 1983 53MY.Hull #617 Barnegat Light Nj.

DDG! Good luck with a great ride.
    Regards
    Dan

Beautiful boat!! You'll have questions; post them in the tech section. Lots of good advice and experience here, and remember- whatever you need in the way of parts, ask Sam's first. Because generally they DO have what you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadey View Post
    Congrats and welcome. This is the one stop shop for anything Hatteras. Is that the 54 that was on C dock in Sunset Bay? If so I was just west of you on C22 with the 60MY we purchased in October 2019.
    I am so sorry! I didn't get the notification, but yes we were on C Dock. We moved to Fort Myers at the end of August and are in Legacy Harbor now. Wish we'd met you!
    "A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor"

Rob Waldrop
    M/V Pau Hana
    Ft Myers FL

Welcome - and beautiful boat. It seems that anything that's ever been done to these tanks has been discussed on this forum! Do enjoy!
    Matt
    1976 58' YF, Hull #410
    "Time Out West"

Quote Originally Posted by racclarkson@gmail.com View Post
    Yep, welcome. When in doubt, remember our unofficial motto: This ain’t a place for folks with sensitive feelings.
    As they used to say in the Catskills, "its a rough room..."

Well, as an old Coast Guardsman, I ain't worried about people's feelings. Including my kids - They don't like what the Captain says, they can get the F off the boat. 3 months in and I have already replaced all the hoses from the thru-hull to the pump to the compressors on the AC units, rerouted the forward salon AC unit drain line to a overboard discharge at the portside water line, and pulled a dry-rotted impeller out of the generator raw water feed and heat exchanger. PS - The heat exchanger cap had been painted over several times, so if a neighbor in the marina hadn't shared what I can only describe as a miraculous penetrating/cutting oil, I was going to have to outsource this issue. I've flushed Okeechobee mud out of the AC units, and the generator, and now I have to build a new anchor light/bar because the radar was replaced with an open array and the old anchor light was scrapped without replacement. I've discovered that I should have bought a fish tape sooner, but at the end of the day I sit down to watch the sun set over the bay and think "It's worth it".

PS - if you want the name/info on the oil, PM me.
    "A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor"

Rob Waldrop
    M/V Pau Hana
    Ft Myers FL

Welcome aboard and may you have many good years of enjoying your boat. I found when I lived aboard whether I watched the sunrise with a good cup of coffee or the sunset with a good glass of scotch they were both very, very enjoyable. I do miss both of those being a landlubber. I envy you!!!
    Regards;
    Byron
    “In this world, you must be oh so smart, or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant.”
    ― Elwood P. Dowd

Congratulations on your beautiful new home afloat and welcome to the best Hatteras Forum (my opinion).
    This forum is the go-to place for answers and advice with enjoyment along the way.
    I've been a Hatteras owner since June and have been combing through all the posts (past and present) and have gained much insight into the workings of these boats.
    (Very few marine mechanics have the Hatteras specific knowledge these guys have).

Again, Welcome and best of joy and happiness in your new home.

Rob.
    "Lady Beatrice"
    Rob Pettigrew
    1965 50' Flushdeck Hull#9
    Houma, La.

https://www.samsmarine.com/forums/im...ine=1599353347