Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
  1. Re: Trump Boat Parade

Quote Originally Posted by 34Hatt View Post
    I was in Block Island labor day weekend and there was a shitload of Trump flags flying and I saw one Biden flag. I was wondering exactly how many Trump flags there was.
    Geri started counting, but there were so many she got tired and gave up.

DSCF1551.jpg
    Eric
    1972 Uniflite Salty Dog "Sharon Jean"

https://72saltydog.shutterfly.com/

Preceded by a 1967 Hatteras 34C

Re: Trump Boat Parade

There another in Daytona tomorrow.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

I wasnt part of the parade but thankful for it. Last Sunday while cruising down the potomac river a passenger got too drunk and passed out in a cabin, only to wakeup and step into the cockpit and attempt to sit on the edge. He fell off and nobody saw him or even knew he wokeup. A trump parade boat returning home plucked him up (noone knows how long he was in, he was too drunk to even remember falling off) and texted his girlfriend who didnt even know he was gone. We met up with them and got him back, and promptly took him to shore. The single craziest experience on the water in my life. Cannot imagine how it could have turned out if the river wasnt so busy with traffic.
    1969 45C376

there was a jeepers for trump parade today from bay st. louis to ocean springs mississippi... there was over 800 jeeps. it took them more than 30 minutes to pass where i dock my boat
    Mis b' havin
    1972 58 yachtfish
    58yf352
    pass christian, ms.

Randy, we did loose 1 boat at the parade on Ft. Loudon/Tellico. They stuffed a 23'ish bowrider coming into the canal headed to Tellico. 11 POB half were small children. He tried to power up and get the bow back up. It just pushed it the rest of the way underwater and capsized. 2 adult males popped up by the transom beside the prop still spinning. I was working on the EMA boat for the event. We got 9 of them onto our boat and good sams. got the other 2. That of course created more confusion when we came up short on our headcount.

I've heard 1200 boats was the estimate. I love the patriotism and the support for our president. But 1200 boats of all sizes coming through a small man-made canal on half plane, bow up, max wake speed is some of the worst planing I have ever seen. We were in a 29' ACB Patrol Boat and were getting tossed around in the pilot house like rag dolls.

We were lucky that we only lost 1.

Trump parade on Mystic River just finished. Total boat count was 658.... a well organized event with boats of all sizes. Everyone respecting one another.... everyone at idle speed up and back down the river. GREAT EVENT!

Trump Parade 2020 Mystic 001.jpg

Trump Parade 2020 Mystic 002.jpg
    JD
    1976 58' LRC Hull #311
    "Miss Maggie"
    Riviera Dunes, FL

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Chad View Post
    Randy, we did loose 1 boat at the parade on Ft. Loudon/Tellico. They stuffed a 23'ish bowrider coming into the canal headed to Tellico. 11 POB half were small children. He tried to power up and get the bow back up. It just pushed it the rest of the way underwater and capsized. 2 adult males popped up by the transom beside the prop still spinning. I was working on the EMA boat for the event. We got 9 of them onto our boat and good sams. got the other 2. That of course created more confusion when we came up short on our headcount.

I've heard 1200 boats was the estimate. I love the patriotism and the support for our president. But 1200 boats of all sizes coming through a small man-made canal on half plane, bow up, max wake speed is some of the worst planing I have ever seen. We were in a 29' ACB Patrol Boat and were getting tossed around in the pilot house like rag dolls.

We were lucky that we only lost 1.
    Glad it wasn’t worse, and that’s the first I’ve heard of that. That canal is always a problem with one or more idiots being oblivious to their wake in that fishbowl. That section should be designated as a no wake zone.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by JD5652 View Post
    Trump parade on Mystic River just finished. Total boat count was 658.... a well organized event with boats of all sizes. Everyone respecting one another.... everyone at idle speed up and back down the river. GREAT EVENT!

Attachment 43202

Attachment 43203
    We had the bad luck to arrive at the mouth of the river at 12:30, 1/2 an hour before the start, on our way to the Noank fuel dock. The place was packed! We wound up going across to Fishers Island where we drifted until 3:00pm when most of the boats had left. We were listening to the VHF channel that was organizing the parade. It sounded like trying to herd cats!

Since I view the opposite party as fellow Americans and rivals, not enemies, let me congratulate the organizers on a job well done. It was a large turnout and the participants looked like they were having fun.
    Michael & Beth
    Hull Number CV312
    63’ Cockpit Motor Yacht
    1986 model launched in August 1987

Class act Westfield!
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310
    Sturgeon Bay/Ft. Lauderdale

10. Re: Trump Boat Parade

Quote Originally Posted by JD5652 View Post
    I couldn't help but notice that the local paper downplayed the count at "almost 400".
    The reporters must have gotten scared and left early

https://www.theday.com/article/20200913/NWS01/200919719
    Eric
    1972 Uniflite Salty Dog "Sharon Jean"

https://72saltydog.shutterfly.com/

Preceded by a 1967 Hatteras 34C