Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Re: Trump Boat Parade

Quote Originally Posted by Westfield 11 View Post
    Can we agree that the Lake Travis boat parade was a Titanic success?
    We can certainly agree that was a lame attempt at a joke.

I’ve yet to see a valid, detailed account of even one alleged “sinking”. I’m guessing it may have been one of those Greenpeace (or just green with no peace) types who ventured into the parade with their kayak, yelling and screaming about how all those powerboats were depleting the ozone layer before being swamped.

Has anyone seen a detailed account or even an eyewitness account of a “sinking”?
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Lots of accounts out there including video of a boat being salvaged: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kvu...b-f510cff61dcc

Here is a link to the local Sheriff’s website reporting that several boats sank: https://www.tcsheriff.org/

And I thought it was a funny joke.
    Michael & Beth
    Hull Number CV312
    63’ Cockpit Motor Yacht
    1986 model launched in August 1987

Well, at least it showed one boat. Low freeboard squirt boat with a UGE engine/anchor in the stern. I’d like to see the others, just for the heck of it. I’m guessing that sort of thing happens on pretty much every holiday weekend on that lake.

As for your joke, I’ll give you a trophy.
    Attached Images
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Westfield 11 View Post
    Lots of accounts out there including video of a boat being salvaged: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kvu...b-f510cff61dcc

Here is a link to the local Sheriff’s website reporting that several boats sank: https://www.tcsheriff.org/

And I thought it was a funny joke.

No skin in the game BUT i followed both links and it is no surprise that the Sheriff's office reported 5 boats swamped with 3 of those 5 towed away. The news report stated 5 boats sank. The lesson to be learned? Don't trust 2nd or 3rd hand hearsay reports!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
    No skin in the game BUT i followed both links and it is no surprise that the Sheriff's office reported 5 boats swamped with 3 of those 5 towed away. The news report stated 5 boats sank. The lesson to be learned? Don't trust 2nd or 3rd hand hearsay reports!!
    Once again, I am surprised by the broad support at these rallies. Its not just the rich yacht owner showing up, its also the blue collar guy with a boat in his back yard that hasn't been in the water for the last 2 years.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    Even a jetski is a multi thousand dollar investment. That's what brings most boaters together.
    You might think that, but in certain jurisdictions you'd be wrong.

We took the knockabout boat (1968 Chris Craft Commander 42) out for the Trump boat parade on the Potomac in DC last Sunday. I've never been flipped off so many times in a few short hours as I was while waving and smiling at people on land and in generally smaller boats. The kayakers especially were a dour, sour, rude bunch.

A buddy who's a big Trump fan let me borrow his Maryland for Trump flag. I'm guessing that's what triggered so many of people not participating in the parade.

Before we cast off, we got an email blast indicating that Antifa was organizing to throw objects on the boats as we passed under the bridges in DC. We did hear some yelling about antifa protesters on 16 from the front eschelon as they passed the Memorial Bridge, but by the time we got there the only people we could see were waving Trump signs and waving at the boats.

But before that, as the lead boats were about to enter the Washington Channel at the confluence of the Potomac and Anacostia rivers, all hell broke loose when the organizers in the lead boats announced over the radio that the DC harbor patrol prohibited the parade from entering the channel. The new Wharf development is on the Washington Channel, and it's busy every weekend. So to suddenly have that leg of the parade lopped off by the cops was unfortunate. The whole line of ~200 boats got all jammed up. Then, as the lead boats started diverting north on the Potomac, word went out that we weren't blocked from using the Washington Channel...there were just a ton of paddle boarders and rental kayaks on the water and they might not mix well with a big boat parade. The organizers could have done a better job coordinating with the local cops.

Some bigger boats peeled off to do the Channel leg, anyway. We stayed on the Potomac and ended up passing through Georgetown (more bird flipping there) on the way to the anchorage at 3 Sisters. It was funny, the reaction of boaters up there to a relatively minor Trumptilla...like they couldn't believe THOSE people would dare show themselves in public in DC.

On the way back to our marina, a woman on the one boat with a Biden flag hollered "VIRGINIA FOR BIDEN!" as I went by. It was ironic that she had to plagiarize my buddy's Maryland sign. lol

We saw none of that in the Clearwater parade. All went well. The only negative thing I "heard" was some boats bumping into each other at the back. Only heard that, did not observe.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

Where I'm from, all boaters wave at each other...like Jeep owners, motorcyclists, etc. The day after the parade, Labor Day, we cast off early and headed down to Mattawoman Creek. It was a beautiful morning, sunny and very low humidity. I wasn't two minutes out into the Washington Channel when a rental kayaker responded to my wave by flipping me off. Out on the Potomac, a bearded man in a little sailboat waved back hesitantly then stopped. We think that was when my buddy's Maryland For Trump flag caught his eye.

The further south we went, the friendlier people got. By Fort Washington, small boats full of people would buzz by waving and smiling, yelling "Four more years!" and other Trumpian slogans. Pulling into the anchorage at Mattawoman, half of the boats had Trump flags.

I also realized that none of the sourpusses up in DC even had American flags on their boats. Lotsa rainbow flags, though.

Coincidence? Who knows...

I was in Block Island labor day weekend and there was a shitload of Trump flags flying and I saw one Biden flag. I was wondering exactly how many Trump flags there was. Well someone I knew went around the harbor and counted them all the results were.
    78 Trump
    2 Biden

No wonder why we like B.I so much
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

Hey, there we’re Biden parades too.
    Attached Images