Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Trump Boat Parade

This is not a political thing but just a question. I respect everyone's choice regarding politics and their choices.
    Today I've got a Trump boat parade leaving my marina. I found out about this yesterday by chance. It was posted all over Instagram and Facebook but I missed it. Apparently there are going to be a few hundred boats parading down the river for a few miles. This is happening in a few hours.
    I noticed on the news yesterday that a few boats sank with the parade in Texas. No smart ass comments needed.
    My question...have any of you participated? Did you feel safe? The majority of the boats I suspect will be smaller craft than my 63CPMY. I'd like to get out and take a look but I'm not sure about being among hundreds of little boats in a relatively narrow river.
    Looking for a 80 plus foot yacht
    Hatteras of Cheoy Lee

2. Re: Trump Boat Parade

Just say no.
    Bill
    Brickell - Miami, Fl
    Cape Elizabeth, Maine

Re: Trump Boat Parade

I did one in Clearwater Florida. Very crazy with so many boats in close proximity. Total chaos as all the small boats had no radios and did not let the bigger boats go first. Yet it all worked out and everyone worked very well together given the circumstances. My wife was bugging out because our bow pulpit was over the sink on a MY in front of us. Be he was constantly bumping forward as we were so that’s as close as it ever got.

And off to band camp we go!😄😄😄

Jim has to do what he has to do.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter1 View Post
    I did one in Clearwater Florida. Very crazy with so many boats in close proximity. Total chaos as all the small boats had no radios and did not let the bigger boats go first. Yet it all worked out and everyone worked very well together given the circumstances. My wife was bugging out because our bow pulpit was over the sink on a MY in front of us. Be he was constantly bumping forward as we were so that’s as close as it ever got.

And off to band camp we go!

Jim has to do what he has to do.
    Thanks! That is the exact information I was seeking. I've done a Christmas Light boat parade before but those were very well organized and all of us shared one radio frequency for information. I'm just not convinced the little guys of any political affiliation know how to manage around us Hatteri. I think I'll just sit this one out and let them parade by me. I'm on the end tie so they will all have to leave and return in front of me as the public boat ramp is only 1/4 of a mile away.
    Looking for a 80 plus foot yacht
    Hatteras of Cheoy Lee

We are anchored in Newport Beach at the moment, which is Orange County Ca. Which is huge Trump area. There are about 25 boats in the anchorage and all but 3 are flying multiple Trump Flags. There is a parade today that I will bet will be the biggest in the country, should be interesting to watch. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

We've had a bunch h in Florida and other than controlled cars it was fine.

1 boat sank a while back. Probably a searay. No people hurt.

They had on in jersey yesterday for all. I heard there was even one Biden flagged vessel. No one bothered them. They just figure they were lost and confused.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Well, if it's anything like the 11 pm breakup of the 4th of July fireworks I wouldn't be anywhere near it. I am sure ALL the operators are highly trained and sticking to club soda.

I watched the one in Kent Narrows MD and it was quite "entertaining" which means no one died. But I know several of the participants and they were NOT highly trained and sticking to club soda.
    Last edited by oscarvan; 09-06-2020 at 11:07 AM.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

If you want to be entertained, take a beach chair and a cooler down to the ramp and watch them back and retrieve their boats!
    Michael & Beth
    Hull Number CV312
    63’ Cockpit Motor Yacht
    1986 model launched in August 1987

Every year we can we do a Veterans Day boat parade in Madeira Beach Florida. Every year it starts out organized with a plan at Thursday captains meeting. By Saturday of the parade all is mostly forgotten and the chaos begins. Even though the lead boat has started to move everyone sits there wondering if they should also start. Then everyone proceeds to cross known shallow areas and run at different speeds.

It’s all volunteers so nobody really expects things to go smoothly and we all work with each other. FYI we only fly patriotic red white and blue for this event. At least most don’t break this rule. It is an amazing event to be part of.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

we enjoyed participating in a parade a couple of months ago.
    A couple hundred boats of all sizes along the Intracoastal.
    It was a good bit of feel good fun with lots of honking and waving.
    I just watched another one pass by my Marina a few minutes ago.
    About 3 dozen boats, but all were Vietnamese for Trump !
    😎