Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Re: Trump Boat Parade

Here's a youtube video that does the Mystic Trump Boat Parade justice...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GeFKPjr_z0
    JD
    1976 58' LRC Hull #311
    "Miss Maggie"
    Riviera Dunes, FL

2. Re: Trump Boat Parade

Last weekend I had the pleasure of attending the Trump boat parade on the Connecticut River.

The parade ran from the railroad bridge in Old Saybrook, to the Goodspeed swing bridge in Haddam.
    It was likely the biggest parade Connecticut has seen, with the Coast Guard reporting over 1,000 boats in attendance.

The event organizers were very clear that this was a "no wake" parade.
    Everybody respected the rules, and I never once was concerned about navigation or safety.

A local photographer came across the parade by accident, and was able to capture some wonderful shots from various points on land.
    She also did a great job writing a summary of the event. Rather than cutting and pasting her words, here is a link to her page:

https://colleenbreilly.com/blog/capturing-a-parade/

It was incredible to see wall to wall boats for literally miles in each direction.

If all you saw of this event was one of the short, slanted write-ups in a local paper,
    you would have no idea how immense this parade was and what a great time everyone had.

Here is a picture from a local paper:

BB19tNtv.img.jpg

Here is a picture of what I actually saw with my own eyes:

Sky View.jpg
    Eric
    1972 Uniflite Salty Dog "Sharon Jean"

https://72saltydog.shutterfly.com/

Preceded by a 1967 Hatteras 34C

Wow, the boatpix helicopter is still flying. Heard they crashed a couple of them.

Cool parade though.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    Wow, the boatpix helicopter is still flying. Heard they crashed a couple of them.

Cool parade though.
    Figured the drones would take over there.....

They took my pic years ago on their own accord and sent me the pic..... I bought. Somewhere off Miami heading South.....
    Attached Images
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

A friend of ours has a 48 Post. His liquor locker also has nearly full bottle of 21y/o Glenfiddich. He had recently told me that I was welcome to consume the scotch as he does not care for it. Cool!

There was a Trump boat parade from Lake St Clair to Ambassador Bridge in Detroit a couple of months ago. The Admiral and I thought it might be fun, so we climbed aboard. Suggested speed limits of 6-8kt by the organizers were not being followed. Huge waves. The Canadian's were pissed we heard later due to all of the unwanted wash over their breakwalls. Appetizers and beverages all hit the deck.

Got back to the dock and there was a terrible casualty. The Glenfiddich had tipped over and the cork broke off and the contents drained out onto the floor. Admiral would not let me get onto my hands and knees in the salon and try to lap up what I could. She can be so unreasonable at times. Later that evening we raised our glasses to the dearly departed. Glen was still so young.

Quote Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
    Figured the drones would take over there.....

They took my pic years ago on their own accord and sent me the pic..... I bought. Somewhere off Miami heading South.....
    I figured the same thing. I'm glad they're still making a go of it.

Nice picture.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

I have a fantastic picture of my 34 running in the gulf we bought from them . Seemed expensive then but priceless now. Drone shots are nice but a real professional photographer knows how to get the best angle and moments captured.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

Fort Lauderdale's parade today was a bit of a wash out. Heavy rain to blame. I had a front row seat on the ICW. I counted about 60 brave (and wet) participants.