Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: New lower Ships Wheel

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    Once installed send me pictures. Congratulations
    Will do.....
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Rusty, I think you should start a shopping service for us Hatt owners, you manage to find some very good deals. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Good idea John. Lol I do find deals out there from time to time. I buy them, fix them up and sell To cover my cost. No time is added. I just like fixing things up and helping fellow boaters out. Keeps me busy.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
    I am not saying it isn't, I believe you..... I'm trying to figure out where they sell it! Maybe they discontinued it. If there's a model # on the back that would be helpful.
    I got up to the boat today. I inspected the wheel off of the hub. It is definitely in Edson and it’s exactly 30 inches. I could not find any model number markings anywhere on the wheel.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

I got up to the boat today. I inspected the wheel off of the hub. It is definitely in Edson and it’s exactly 30 inches. I could not find any model number markings anywhere on the wheel.
    Thanks, but moot now. My Stazo is in the mail.
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

And it done arrived. Had to wait for a 1" id 3/4" bushing from Grainger to put it on as a spacer as the hub is thinner and the nut ran out of thread before hitting the wheel. But that worked nicely. Only (cosmetic) issue is that the acorn nut is hitting the hub cap. So I need a regular nut. Anyone have any idea what size the thread is?

On edit.... appears to be 1" x 14 Ordered one on Amazon that's 59/64 tall so I'll have to take some off that.

As far as how it looks and feels I like it a lot. The top is right at chest height and you can stand behind it and lean your hands on it in a most comfortable position. It was dark when I took the pic, I'll do a broader context daylight shot in the morning.

So this is the Stazo 900mm, ordered through the factory in Holland (had to wire them the money) but they shipped from Maine under $900 at my door. Take that Edson....
    Attached Images
    Last edited by oscarvan; 09-18-2020 at 10:31 PM.
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Looks great. What size did you get?
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

900MM which is about 35-7/16" inches. JUST past the side edge of the helm "box".
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Didn’t know you wanted that size. There was a 38” selling in Southern California for 400.00 on Craigslist. I just checked and it must have sold already. I was going to post it if anyone else on the forum was interested.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Didn’t know you wanted that size. There was a 38” selling in Southern California for 400.00 on Craigslist. I just checked and it must have sold already. I was going to post it if anyone else on the forum was interested.
    You did post that and I inquired whether they were willing to ship, but got no reply.
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay