Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Head Hose smell

Re: Head Hose smell

Quote Originally Posted by Sadey View Post
    We not only do both on Benedetto but we use all three, not at the same time. Although the restaurant at our marina serves food that makes it possible. I use and empty ketchup squirt bottle with diluted Aquakem after each flush. Thank you Robert!
    Always hoped to be an expert in my field, though I was hoping for something a bit more glamorous.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Quote Originally Posted by racclarkson@gmail.com View Post
    Always hoped to be an expert in my field, though I was hoping for something a bit more glamorous.
    Yeah, but it's a field that will always be around.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

I think that will work, and the price is right.
    Attached Images
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Those won’t work. They leak around the threads when you squeeze the bottle. They also start to dribble when you turn them upside down. Those little caps at the top are also a pain in the ass remove. Plus they get some of the blue fluid in them so after you wrestle with removing them you run the risk of contaminating your hands or in my case the white rug that is in front of the toilet. Quite honestly the best thing I have found so far is a liquid beef broth squeeze bottle. The ketchup bottle works but it still has a slight air leak around the threads. I can’t remember which brand of beef broth but it doesn’t leak at all even if you squeeze really hard with the cap on. What’s nice about that type of squeeze bottle is when you turn it upside down it won’t dribble at all. I’m envious.
    Last edited by Sadey; 09-29-2020 at 07:23 AM.
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310
    Sturgeon Bay/Ft. Lauderdale

Those won’t work. They leak around the threads when you squeeze the bottle. They also start to dribble when you turn them upside down. Those little caps at the top are also a pain in the ass remove. Plus they get some of the blue fluid in them so after you wrestle with removing them you run the risk of contaminating your hands or in my case the white rug that is in front of the toilet. Quite honestly the best thing I have found so far is a liquid beef broth squeeze bottle. The ketchup bottle works but it still has a slight air leak around the threads. I can’t remember which brand of beef broth but it doesn’t leak at all even if you squeeze really hard with the cap on. What’s nice about that type of squeeze bottle is when you turn it upside down it won’t dribble at all. I’m envious.
    Honey for the honey pot. Honey squeeze bottles can take it.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Brought back memories. When I was a young whipper snapper running around an airport as a ramp rat we called the portable lav dump the honey wagon. If you could find the bottle shaped as a bear it would make a great conversation piece.
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310

Brought back memories. When I was a young whipper snapper running around an airport as a ramp rat we called the portable lav dump the honey wagon. If you could find the bottle shaped as a bear it would make a great conversation piece.
    Also known as the stool bus.

Once parked an ATR on the ramp at BOS, walked into ops and said to the Goth agent: Can we have lav service please? Without missing a beat she slammed the button on the ramp radio mike and in the heaviest New England accent I ever heard yelled "I need a kaka sukkah on the ATR"......
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Stool bus...priceless!
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310