Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Anyone familiar with 54 MY Godspeed in Sarasota, FL

Looking for a 56 or 54 preferably east coast. Thought we might take a look at this 54. In the photo of the master stateroom it appears to have a serious stain in the forward starboard corner headliner and concerned about how extensive a repair might be required,

This boat does not appear to have stabilizers. Any words of wisdom on the possibility of retrofitting, best brand, best yard in Florida etc.?

Re: Anyone familiar with 54 MY Godspeed in Sarasota, FL

Just did new stabilizers on my 53 MY. I went with Naiad’s due to there past history of longevity. The price for the Naiad and ABT’s were about the same. My research concluded that either of those 2 were better than Wesmar’s. Plan on about $60,000 for equipment and install and make sure whoever installs them has lots of experience because this is no simple project and definitely not a DIY job. I was able to do some of the basic work like the cooling pump and mounting of the electronics, but I left most of the install to the experts. Bottom line though is I really like them as most of our cruising is in the ocean. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Re: Anyone familiar with 54 MY Godspeed in Sarasota, FL

Thank your for the detailed response.