Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Route to the Exumas Bahamas

The boat makes a big difference. I m running from An air con Skylouge two decks above a well Insulated ER. I don’t think I could do 18 hours straight from an open FB
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    And since July, you must clear Bahamas customs When leaving the Bahamas. This means a stop at NAS, Chubb or BIM. It’s a pita. .
    We were there last June and we did not need to clear on the way out of the Bahamas. I guess this is something new. Does this require gathering up all the passports and walking down to Immigration/Customs (Bimini) ?

We are hoping to cross again in November but are worried there will still be a 2 week quarantine. We can only spend a month and hate to see half of it stuck at anchor outside Bimini.

Quote Originally Posted by Looking Glass View Post
    We were there last June and we did not need to clear on the way out of the Bahamas. I guess this is something new. Does this require gathering up all the passports and walking down to Immigration/Customs (Bimini) ?

We are hoping to cross again in November but are worried there will still be a 2 week quarantine. We can only spend a month and hate to see half of it stuck at anchor outside Bimini.
    The outbound clearance requirement came out early mid July. On the way out I emailed our agent in Nassau all the paperwork and she was able to get us clearance without stopping anywhere. It was around $250 but worth it as we were able to run from Staniel straight to cat and on to Miami

Rules change every week. Now you have to request permission from Bahamas marine authority to come in, clear and move on. Hopefully They ll Come to their senses by December.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat