Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

PENRAY 201549 Off-line Cleaner Factory Un-authorized Sale

OK, so my engine room is cleaner than most. But is it really? Deep down inside? Now setting up to clean Aslan's coolant cooling systems and toting 48 gallons of coolant and/or distilled water plus a family sized bottle of Ibuprofen.

Due to an ordering miscommunication plus mis-shipment, I am eat up with the Penray cleaner/conditioner. This is the 201549 twin pack containing 1 #8 of 2010 cleaner and 1 #8 2011 conditioner.--16 pounds total weight. You can look up the dosing from Penray which is basically #1 of 2010 per 3 gallons of coolant capacity (standard cleaning) or up to one pound of 2010 cleaner per one gallon of coolant capacity for really dirty systems. Run for 2 hours at 160F + then flush and add 2011 conditioner and run for 15 mins. Flush and refill with coolant/water mix.

Unknown.jpeg

In my case, one twin pack will take care of one 23-1/2 gallon capacity system on one of my 12V71's.

FWIW, I recently drained my generator to service the HE and noted the coolant was so clean I was tempted to reuse it. Having the Penray on hand, I ran it in my 20KW NL per instructions. I've never seen anything that black and ugly come out. Lots of sediment and small pieces of scale came out clogging the petcock numerous times. That was on a motor I would have sworn didn't need it.

I have two (possibly three) twin packs available. They are $95 each, and I'll eat the UPS shipping, continental US. Or, I can I can send it USPS, and it should be there in time to put under the tree. Ask about our gift wrapping service.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Re: PENRAY 201549 Off-line Cleaner Factory Un-authorized Sale

I will take 1 twin pack, please pm me your paypal info. thanks

One down, one to go. Don’t be left out in the cold-order today!
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

I will take other 1 0r 2, if still available. I sent you a email.
    Last edited by SKYCHENEY; 08-25-2020 at 07:08 PM.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

All gone and thank you. I heard the stuff has been hard to find in some cases. Seems to not be a problem through my source.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Just got off the phone with Penray. Due to slow sales, the 201549 is going away. Some inventory left. I called because conditioner product dosage on bottle is a misprint. For those buying my surplus, correct 2011 Conditioner dosage is #1 per 4 gallons of cooling capacity.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Does anyone know what the replacement product is for the Penray 201549? I have a call in to the Penray East Coast Rep. Awaiting a reply...
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

If you can't find it, I think it's essentially calgon. The conditioner (rinse) is nothing other than sodium bicarbonate per their tech.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Quote Originally Posted by racclarkson@gmail.com View Post
    All gone and thank you. I heard the stuff has been hard to find in some cases. Seems to not be a problem through my source.
    What a salesman. Lol
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

My mechanic lucked out and found some new old stock 201549. Robert, Thank you for the clarification on the mixture for the 2011 Conditioner. It sure isn't clear on the package instructions!
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"