Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Turbo sources

Re: Turbo sources

News from the Garrett distributor is that availability is limited. I had to deal with further medical issues in the family this afternoon, but I'll be back in the shop Monday and I'll try some other sources.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

2. Re: Turbo sources

Thank you. Hope all is well with you and the family. Thx

3. Re: Turbo sources

Well the continuing saga. M&D thinks the 23501263 is the Turbo cartridge P/N only. So I'll be looking for a
    # cast into the exhaust housing. Very helpful guy, tried hard.

RPM in FLL says that's a good DD P/N #. But they don't have any new or re-mans. They're suggesting
    I send them mine and let them do the re-man on those. And they claim that P/N is the Turbo Assembly

I guess the upside of sending mine in for re-man is I know they'll fit when I get em back....maybe lol

I dunno, any other ideas? Thx.

Call Avenger.

He's gotten me a bunch of turbos over the years. And injectors too. I've sent him stuff to evaluate more than I care to admit. He usually straightens me out on what really needs to be done.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

5. Re: Turbo sources

I believe "Avenger" has commented here already. Has some personal issues going and said he'd get back to this
    when he can.....which I certainly appreciate and can respect the "time out". No worries. Thx.

Sorry for the delay. Things have sort-of gotten back to normal. Unfortunately that's really all the good news I have. Complete new turbos are a long way from production at this point. However, as you've seen, cartridges are available. The problem appears to be availability of the exhaust housings.

I'm still looking for other possibilities, but I'm near the end of my resources as far as suppliers I deal with. The only other option is to rebuild what you have, which of course, depends on the condition of your exhaust housings.

If I turn up anything better I will let you know. Thank you for your patience.

1970 36C375

7. Re: Turbo sources

I appreciate the efforts. I think at this point I'll send my Turbo's down to RPM in FLL and let them do the Re-man.
    They claim a 4 or 5 day turn around. And with me spinning wrenches and humping them out of the engine room,
    this will be a two or three week effort. So thank you again for your time and hope everything on the personal
    side gets squared away. Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    Sorry for the delay. Things have sort-of gotten back to normal. Unfortunately that's really all the good news I have. Complete new turbos are a long way from production at this point. However, as you've seen, cartridges are available. The problem appears to be availability of the exhaust housings.

I'm still looking for other possibilities, but I'm near the end of my resources as far as suppliers I deal with. The only other option is to rebuild what you have, which of course, depends on the condition of your exhaust housings.

If I turn up anything better I will let you know. Thank you for your patience.
    Is it still difficult getting turbos? I need to replace a turbo on my 8v92. The flange on the exhaust side broke off.

turbo.jpg
    Last edited by Looking Glass; 09-19-2020 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Looking Glass View Post
    Is it still difficult getting turbos? I need to replace a turbo on my 8v92. The flange on the exhaust side broke off.

Attachment 43390
    It varies. Some part numbers are on the shelf, some are not.

What is the part number on your turbo?

1970 36C375

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    It varies. Some part numbers are on the shelf, some are not.

What is the part number on your turbo?
    I could not find a part number on the turbo. I have the engine serial number and was hoping to locate the part number with that.