Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Turbo sources

1. Turbo sources

So this busted Turbo clamp has now morphed itself into lets service all four turbos on my Covington 8V92 TA's
    And to be fair, I'v owned the boat since 2004 and have never serviced them. Giving them a hard look
    after the V Clamp breaking, there is some caked on soot. Engine with the busted clamp the worst and
    that particular turbo the worst of the two.

More concerning however is that feel some shaft wobble or slight lateral movement on three out four of them.
    Now my mechanic, who I think is a pretty good DD guy, scoured the Country and can find no rebuild kit or
    "cartridges". And can only find three new Turbos from DD, in three different locations, at 3500$ a pop.

So, can I be the only guy with this issue? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Turbo sources

Part number?
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

My mechanic Wayne at Anclote Diesel in Tarpons Springs FL just did 2 on my 8-92's. May be able to source for you. Probably rare piece like mine.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

4. Re: Turbo sources

P/N seems to be 28501263. Thank you.

Don’t you mean 23501263?
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Neither number translates to anything. It looks like you've got an extra digit in there.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

7. Re: Turbo sources

Second digit is either a 3 or an 8. The plate looks like it was double stamped. I can try another turbo tomorrow. Does that on make more sense? Thx

https://www.marinesystemsinc.com

The branch in New Iberia was very helpful and has old school Detroit guys in there. Found me turbo clamps I couldn't get anywhere else. They got them from their turbo rebuilder in Arizona. They should be able to find you some re-built turbos if they don't have one on the shelf

9. Re: Turbo sources

I'll give them a call thank you