Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Sourcing DD Throttle Cable?

Hi HOF'ers;

Who has sourced an extreme service throttle cable lately? Who did you order it from?

I have a 28 Ft really fat red throttle cable on the lower helm that I need to replacement immediately.

it looks like the Seastar equivalent is the CCX63328 for the 28 footer, and CCX63330 for the 30 footer.

The 28 foot run really wants to be 29 Ft... So I'm considering going with the 30 if that's my only choice. Also, its currently stretched like a guitar string in the lower helm when I have it open for service. But longer isn't always helpful, either.

So, is Seastar the only game in town? Thoughts anyone? I checked West Marine Pro, and the only stock showing is on the east coast.

Defender - not the best web site. Will check Hamilton Marine in Maine next. Anyone with a suggestion?

Most appreciative of you taking time to answer.

Thank you

Chuck Bullett; Chartmaker
    San Francisco
    Captain Chuck Bullett; W1AEK
    Chartmaker 1978 53MY Hull #522
    On-Air 2014 31 Benetau Oceanis Sloop
    chuckbullett@gmail.com

Re: Sourcing DD Throttle Cable?

Someone here swears by the Glendinning cables.
    ENUFF. 1983 53MY.Hull #617 Barnegat Light Nj.

Chuck I got mine from west Marine but that was 6 years ago. I went with direct replacement cables. My surveyor recommended using a Volvo cables. He indicated you could tie a knot in the middle of the cable five times and still pull the cable through it.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Glendinning 43C is what mine uses. Great cables. Order direct. They had all of mine in stock and shipped immediately.

https://www.glendinningprods.com/sto...ables-c3154900
    1977 Hatteras 58' MY, Hull No. 304, 4-stateroom galley up model with 8V71TIs in Knoxville, Tennessee