Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: 1971 53 my for sale

Wow what a deal!
    Wish it was closer.
    Good luck and congrats to the new owner.

I looked at this boat recently. PM me if you like. Where are you located?

that was a nice looking boat. the admiral hesitated, so we were unable to bid on it. our loss.

congrats on the sale

several people are looking but it is still available .i think the low price gives the impression there is more wrong then there is.personaly i'm sad to give her up but after nearly 30 yrs(three different boats sail and power) living. cruising and working on the water my wife says she wants to land travel and it is her turn. I will still have three smaller boats so we are not giving up boating completely

Would anyone have a guess as to the cost to get this to Detroit or Port Huron Michigan?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Quinn View Post
    Would anyone have a guess as to the cost to get this to Detroit or Port Huron Michigan?

Thanks!
    You can do it in two weeks from MD. Run it up yourself. Its a great trip. Total fuel bill will probably be less than $4000.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Just a reminder that the welland canal is still closed to recreational marine traffic and I think there is a very low bridge on the barge canal, not sure if the height of it.

Walt Hoover

Interesting idea to make the trip myself, Not sure if I could get away from work that long.
    I was thinking about trying to run a boat back if I were to get a boat out of state.

I have been trying to find out the routes to use from various locations and not having much luck.

Where does one find the waterway routes? I'm new to any kind of long range cruising!

Thanks!

I found some info that it can also be done via the Erie canal. Would that still be two week trip?
    Last edited by Bob Quinn; 08-27-2020 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by whoover View Post
    Just a reminder that the welland canal is still closed to recreational marine traffic and I think there is a very low bridge on the barge canal, not sure if the height of it.

Walt Hoover
    Thank you!

Navionics has an auto routing function that's very helpful for pre-trip planning. Just don't hang your hat on it.
    Robert
    MANCHIONEAL
    1973 43DC #365
    Mattox Creek, VA