Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Re: DIY Pump out station?

Quote Originally Posted by Hat52MY View Post
    OK, the bigger question...once you get it into the “50 gallon drum on a cart” then what are going to do with it?
    The neighbors lawn.......no, no just kidding. We renovated our dock and pool area last year. I had a 3" waste line with a thread cap added.

Re: DIY Pump out station?

I was contemplating doing the same thing this summer. I was going to use one of these: https://www.campingworld.com/barker-...c=ds&gclsrc=ds .
    And then set up an extractor vacuum motor (something like a ametek) on the top.
    Chad
    1970 36C
    Catawba Island, OH

I am also interested in what others have done, dockside. May use my boat for guests to stay on at the dock. Would be nice to be able to pump from the holding tanks to a sewer clean out behind the house. I don't have an on board macerator at this time. With two holding tanks I think it will take a lot of plumbing, running 12 volt wiring on a 32 volt boat, etc. Would be easy for me, if I found the correct set up, to pump dockside into a clean out much like the marinas do

Prometheus
    1978 53' MY Hull #529
    Viera, FL

Quote Originally Posted by RonNP View Post
    When offshore I just turn on my Jabsco Macerator pump from the helm station and drain the holding tank via a pipe that discharges at the waterline starboard bow. I paid $115 for the pump and plumbed the line via a hull through. Easy.
    You mean the SSK (Soviet state of Kalifornia) allows overboard dumping within 100nm of its shoreline? Wow, I m
    Surprised ...

Seriously, one thing to watch out for with the cheap Jabsco is that it can’t run dry. Yeah they’re have the price of the sealand but the sealand is bullet proof.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Thats a good template for building my own but I sure don't want to hold that spring loaded switch down for it to pump 150 gallons of waste. Also 12 volts would require some rigging on my 32 V boat but not impossible. I would prefer a 110V model.

For some reason all I can imagine is a 55 gallon drum of kaka on wheels getting away from someone and going bouncing down the docks to it's inevitable $#itty demise like a scene from Caddyshack.

Sorry, but I just can't get it out of my head.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

The cleanest, cheapest, easiest, alternative is to go to the local fuel dock and get pumped out. If nothing else, it gives you a reason to run the boat.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI