Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Vintage video remake? nmpg at hull speed? Two hatts go fast on annual fuel dock trip?

Stumbled across this on the TubeofYOU. Nice to see some old boats moving on plane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ2xKZuHxLc
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

Re: Vintage video remake? nmpg at hull speed? Two hatts go fast on annual fuel dock t

Yesterday morning we Came back from a week end outing at 17kts. Felt good

I had forgotten how loud the water noise is after all these years at hull speed on mine or in climate controlled skylounges at work. Can’t hear the engine exhaust over the water noise.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Re: Vintage video remake? nmpg at hull speed? Two hatts go fast on annual fuel dock t

she looks good.

"Stumbled across it" you say?

Great video. We need to see more Hatteraii underway like that.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Would be perfect except for the dock line and fender...... I'm sorry. I can't help myself.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Talking Re: Vintage video remake? nmpg at hull speed? Two hatts go fast on annual fuel dock t

Quote Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
    Would be perfect except for the dock line and fender...... I'm sorry. I can't help myself.
    At least we can’t see the green bow.

Quote Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
    True, leaving fender overboard isn't great idea when actually getting on plane. Most motoyachts can leave them over all the time because they just hullspeed and drive to the pump out station

Fenders left out are a sign of a sloppy captain and crew regardless of speed. Plenty of them around here in Miami, even larger crewed boats. Probably the same idiots that drive with their headlights on at night and drag all over anchorages.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

What if the boat is heading to a raft up? Then fenders and lines out is sign of a prepared captain.

I leave fenders out all the time. Friends come out and tie to outside of my boat all the time. Its easier to leave them there than run out all the time to get them.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.