Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Time to Replace Davit?

Agree with Pascal. Installed a Quick Lift on a 74 hatt I run 7 years ago. Its been trouble free. Great support from both Danny and his mom whenever we've had questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    It s a family business.

They ve been around for years... good people.
    Ok, I can appreciate that. Gave the fellow from Quicklift my criteria, let's see what the come back with for an estimate.

Run from Marquipt too. Horrible support, talked to thier service manager for ten or so minutes . Called him the next day and he swore he never spoke to me, and I was calling his personal cell phone given to me from someone at Marquipt. Had a cylinder leak, the one for the cable , asked for a exploded view and a reeving diagram for the cable,service mgr told me "just start taking it apart you'll figure it out".........Pat !!!

Quote Originally Posted by motoryacht lover View Post
    Parsing words a little bit but I am not a fan of Steelhead just a satisfied customer. Any of the good brands should be fine. BTW my steelhead was installed in Stuart and dealer at least at that time kept a 1000lb in stock. I had a warranty issue that was a couple of months out of warranty and they covered it. Plus as fellow Viking owners we can have matching davits at the next Hatt rendezvous. Read pascal’s post about quick lift and saw about a manual override of hyd pump. Mine has the wire less remote but I don’t think I have manual override. That is a nice feature.
    Oops, I must have missed the part in your earlier post about your Steelhead being installed in Florida.

Was that yard in Stuart a dealer for Steelhead? If yes, I might as well deal with them.

Quote Originally Posted by doc g View Post
    Run from Marquipt
    Well, I called them and was told the sales manager Garret, lives 2 streets away from my marina. He stopped by after work. Very sharp guy who knows davits.

I suspect his price will be the highest of the bunch. Was unaware their service was bad. I'm ok with paying a bit more for great service.

Quote Originally Posted by Passages View Post
    Oops, I must have missed the part in your earlier post about your Steelhead being installed in Florida.

Was that yard in Stuart a dealer for Steelhead? If yes, I might as well deal with them.

The davit was installed at the Riverforest Stuart Yard. The davit dealer was Bullhead Marine and he installed it at the yard.

Garnett is his name. Spoke with him yesterday. We are in the same boat. Tried to find used with no success. Also didn’t know about their customer service. Spoke with Jose at UMT who has been very helpful. Not sure which way to go. Boat is in Wisconsin which carry’s it’s own set of issues.
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310
    Sturgeon Bay/Ft. Lauderdale

Quote Originally Posted by Sadey View Post
    Garnett is his name. Spoke with him yesterday. We are in the same boat. Tried to find used with no success. Also didn’t know about their customer service. Spoke with Jose at UMT who has been very helpful. Not sure which way to go. Boat is in Wisconsin which carry’s it’s own set of issues.
    Don’t know if they do it now but about 10 years ago UMT traveled to Virginia and installed the davit on my boat. They shipped everything and I picked them up at the airport. They stayed on the boat. The boat had no davit at all and they were still done in 2 days. Ask if they will travel to Wisconsin.

I have a UMT davit installed by previous owner years ago. It has worked well with only minor and reasonable maintenance.

I had to replace the spring disc brake last year and customer service from the company was very poor.

I was always told somebody would call me "tomorrow" or in a few days, but they never did. 10 emails, 5 phone calls, and 3 months later I fabricated the part myself.

During this process I found some comments on other forums that gave me the impression that UMT customer service was better when selling a new system than it was supporting a previously sold/installed system.
    Amalthea
    1989 45C
    Los Angeles, CA

I have had a UMT for about 10 years. I think I am on my 3rd motor. Last year had an issue with the brake. Another issue they pushed me to buy new. I had somebody else do the repair. I would try out Pascal's recommendation. They might ship it to you and fly up to do the installation like UMT did for somebody else. I would only go back to UMT for replacement parts.
    Tomrealest@aol.com
    Needs, Wants & Desires
    1978 58 Hatteras Yachtfish
    SEA 21
    1974 46C #313 Hatteras Convertible