Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Re: Refrigerator replacement on 53MY

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    I’m headed in that direction and building a drawer under it and a slide out pantry and making it look built in.
    I could build a box to bring it up about 6". Not enough for a drawer. And, might like the space on top to put a tray or something.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Can’t wait to see it installed
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

And the rest of the galley is planned out too.... Negotiations between the Admiral and myself have concluded.... "Yes Dear". There's a cranky old 24" dish washer which will be replaced with a new 18", which in turn will leave room for a garbage can under my usual fiddled cutting board with garbage hole. A pair of induction cook tops and a redo on the counter top/back splash, no not what you expect, curtains and wood flooring......stay tuned. We're having fun.
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Quote Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
    And the rest of the galley is planned out too.... Negotiations between the Admiral and myself have concluded.... "Yes Dear". There's a cranky old 24" dish washer which will be replaced with a new 18", which in turn will leave room for a garbage can under my usual fiddled cutting board with garbage hole. A pair of induction cook tops and a redo on the counter top/back splash, no not what you expect, curtains and wood flooring......stay tuned. We're having fun.
    I'm jealous. For the last few months I've only managed to get in a few hours work per month. The boat feels like it's stuck in amber. I need to retire too.
    Robert
    MANCHIONEAL
    1973 43DC #365
    Mattox Creek, VA

And the new cutie little fridge slid into the side door and down the stairs on a pile of old lawn chair cushions without incident. Didn't even have to remove the hand rail. I love it. The small size actually makes the galley feel larger. And it's plenty large for us. I emptied the large cooler with 3 day supplies for the two of us, added a bunch of beverage and the thing isn't even a third full. The unsightly white trash can will be replaced with a stainless specimen soon. After the dishwasher/cutting board mod on the other side I will slide it all the way to the left, maybe even build out the side with a sheet of Afromosia and then have some storage space to the right of it. Admiral is arranging genuine silk imitation vegetation for on top of it.....Stand by for glam pics.
    Attached Images
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Look into a brand called simple Human for SS trash cans, ours has been fantastic and looks good also, with bags that actually work and don’t break.
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

I ll second Simple Human. Not cheap but quality stuff. We have One of their SS trash can. Good stuff. We don’t use their bags though, but compactor bags from amazon. A little more $ but superstrong

Beware of induction cooktops on generator I have heard they are very sensitive to freq. no personal experience though. Has anyone used them on generator ?
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

OK, here we go with matchy matchy trash can and drying rack. Just loaded it up for 4 days 2 people. No problem. Liking it more every day.
    Attached Images
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Nice finishing touch. How did you secure it during rough seas. I can imagine that could be a hell of a projectile.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    Nice finishing touch. How did you secure it during rough seas. I can imagine that could be a hell of a projectile.
    That minor detail is still in committee. As a former sailor I am well aware how things go flying. That said, I've been beat up enough over the decades and we don't have to be anywhere, so we're gonna pick our weather. The rough rides will be far and few between. Maybe a few eye bolts and a ratchet strap will be enough for those rare occasions.
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay