Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Re: Refrigerator replacement on 53MY

RF170WDRUX5

Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

I know it s a bit apples and oranges but based on my experience with a fisher paykel drawer dishwater, all I can say is that I will never buy a FP appliance! Unfair, maybe …
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    I know it s a bit apples and oranges but based on my experience with a fisher paykel drawer dishwater, all I can say is that I will never buy a FP appliance! Unfair, maybe …
    My experience is just the opposite. I have a single drawer on the boat since 2008 and a double drawer at the house since 2011. Both have been trouble free.
    Sky Cheney

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonten View Post
    I have a 1981 53MY. This summer I replaced the refrigerator. Went with A Fisher Pakel exact same model as previous one, just brand new. I was able to get the old one out in one piece and new in. You need to remove the salon exterior door first. Remove all trim on entry way to galley and door of breaker panel. It was a super tight fit, but it goes. I can post some pictures and get the model number for you if interested. Some thought it couldn't be done. It is a stainless fridge. We put it in at the dock. Love it.
    Can you text me the photos? My opening is only 24 3/8” max. What size is yours with doors removed?
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

I have the LH model that Sky posted, and installed in 2009. We removed the refrigerator doors on the dock, paid the Lowe's delivery guys a tip, and they got it up to the salon. The only thing that I had to remove was the grab rail to the galley. The unit has run trouble free, except that I never did get the ice maker to work. With a big Uline in the salon, I just ignored it.
    Here is a legacy thread that has all of the information.
    https://www.samsmarine.com/forums/sh...=fisher+paykel
    Last edited by carolinacoast; 10-11-2022 at 09:18 AM.
    Mal
    Miss Molly
    '85 53ED #750

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    My experience is just the opposite. I have a single drawer on the boat since 2008 and a double drawer at the house since 2011. Both have been trouble free.
    Glad to hear. I should have added that I suspected frequency variations as one of the issues with the dishwater.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    Glad to hear. I should have added that I suspected frequency variations as one of the issues with the dishwater.
    I run the dishwasher off of my OutBack inverter with no issues.
    Sky Cheney

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    I run the dishwasher off of my OutBack inverter with no issues.
    A pure sine will Pretty much guarantee 60hz. Problem with the gens is that you may start at 60/61 on a light load but it will come down as load increase. That was on boat with a pair of 20kw NL which ran good but it had a big salon compressor, 36k I think, which cause a brief RPM/freq dip when that condenser would kick in
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

I did not se this thread until now and could have possibly been a help.
    I replaced mine and it was not easy but its been working fine for the past 6 yrears.

I did cut the old one out and take the box out in 3 pieces and got a new a factional smaller, but got in and works fine
    Shaun
    Tampa FL
    Hatters 53MY 1975 HULL # 454

1st mate to www.theboatbabe.com
    Blog: www.weliveonthesa.com

Shaunc, What did you replace it with?
    ENUFF. 1983 53MY.Hull #617 Barnegat Light Nj.