Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Detroit Diesel and Marine Surveyor in Bradenton Fl

Hi all, just put contract on a ED in Bradenton and looking for a thorough surveyor to perform a mechanical and marine survey, looking for local..Tom

Re: Detroit Diesel and Marine Surveyor in Bradenton Fl

You probably want two different people. One for the engines and one for the rest

Quote Originally Posted by Hard Shell 46' View Post
    Hi all, just put contract on a ED in Bradenton and looking for a thorough surveyor to perform a mechanical and marine survey, looking for local..Tom
    That one was on my radar. Engines are a little high time but I recall they were run right, so that helps. Nice boat.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

For engines, I really like Dan Mattos in Ft Myers. He spent the time and wasn’t afraid to tell the broker (mine) he was full of it. Couple of years later he still has the time to chat. He owns a prop shop as well. Happy with that aspect as well. He’s in the book. If you want, post who you get for a hull surveyor. I can tell you who not to hire (and why) if I see who you pick.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Anclote Diesel is run by Wayne Hanaseck who is in my opinion very knowledgeable. Working on Esperanza now. No sure if he does a survey but worth checking out. May even know the boat.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

Confirmed that Wayne at Anclote Diesel in Tarpon Springs does engine surveys. These are 2 stroke DD guys.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

I have used Steve Kambrick to survey boats in Fort Lauderdale for me. He actually lives in Bradenton so you won't have to pay travel.

Steve does both hull and DD survey. When he is slow, I have been fortunate enough to have him do the maintenance on my DD's as well.

You have to like a surveyor who will come back and work on your boat. I have had the boat 11 years and his survey has held true.

Steve's number is 904-465-6854. Please say hello.

Bruce

Freestyle
    1986 62 CPMY (54 MY with ext.)
    Tampa

Thank you all for that information, very helpful as always

Quote Originally Posted by Hard Shell 46' View Post
    Did you hire a Hull Surveyor in this area and how did it go? I am looking for one in the St. Pete area?
    Last edited by Eddieclemons; 09-11-2020 at 09:24 PM.
    Eddie Clemons Nashville, TN Southern Pride 1988 52CHATCS441K788 2004 Caterpillar 3406e's

For St Pete Try Rick Shelly. 727-480-3172. Got his name from yard I get restoration work done. Says brokers call him a deal killer because he is so thorough. Guessing he won't kill your deal. Just let you know what to buy for what it is and what to expect down the road.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP