Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Re: Hatteras 56 MY fuel consumption at hull speed

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    I don’t understand why some include or even care to include generator usage on nmpg. It s irrelevant unless you re a dock queen.
    In my case it's 10% of my fuel burn as it has to run to keep avionics and fridge going. Changing this is on the list.......
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Avionics? You can take him out of the airplane but you can’t take the...
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310
    Sturgeon Bay/Ft. Lauderdale

Quote Originally Posted by Sadey View Post
    Avionics? You can take him out of the airplane but you can’t take the...
    ... .
    Attached Images
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    I don’t understand why some include or even care to include generator usage on nmpg. It s irrelevant unless you re a dock queen. We typically use more fuel in the generator(s) than on the mains because we spend most time on the hook. Well... actually on the typical overnight outing we spend even more on wine and champagne than diesel anyway
    Don’t you run the air conditioning when traveling on charters? In the summer we keep the aircon on so that the Admiral has a comfortable place to make lunch and snacks and so that I have a cool dry place below to drive if it gets to be too much on the flybridge. That’s generally about six months out of the year. Now that the Bahamas are not really an option this year, we will be spending more time in a marina in the Keys over the winter so an even greater proportion of our runtime is in the hotter and more humid months.
    Michael & Beth
    Hull Number CV312
    63’ Cockpit Motor Yacht
    1986 model launched in August 1987

Ah yes the old paper check list. We use a mechanical checklist at "something special in the air" which I thought would be cool to reproduce on Benedetto.

By the way what does your QRH look like for Lady Kay V?
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310

Quote Originally Posted by Westfield 11 View Post
    Don’t you run the air conditioning when traveling on charters? In the summer we keep the aircon on so that the Admiral has a comfortable place to make lunch and snacks and so that I have a cool dry place below to drive if it gets to be too much on the flybridge. That’s generally about six months out of the year. Now that the Bahamas are not really an option this year, we will be spending more time in a marina in the Keys over the winter so an even greater proportion of our runtime is in the hotter and more humid months.
    Yeah with the 84 we are always on gen when off the dock. Modern boats have no ventilation anyway so inverters aren’t an option On an enrage week long charter in the the Exumas we use about 400 gal for the mains and the same in the genes

On our 53 the gen runs at all time too. I will probably put an inverter and inverter bank at some point, nice in winter when it s cooler. On a typical two nights anchored out in the bay we use about 45 gal in the gen and maybe 30 in the mains. In summer, we need the AC .. I don’t like camping
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Quote Originally Posted by Sadey View Post
    Ah yes the old paper check list. We use a mechanical checklist at "something special in the air" which I thought would be cool to reproduce on Benedetto.

By the way what does your QRH look like for Lady Kay V?
    Too many variables.....but pretty much the same in spirit:

1 Drive the boat.
    2 Establish communication with other crew members
    3 Stabilize the emergency
    4 Make coffee.
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Damn, I'd never get out of the slip.

I allow myself one and only one adult beverage if running the boat on the lake so I would change number 4 to read: open adult beverage.
    I’m obviously kidding because the coasties or locals will board us at some point after the declaration.
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310

Quote Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
    ... .
    I’d add check gear oil on the after start list. Mine and most Allison’s I’ve seen leak out the main seals when sitting.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present