Hi All,

I have a very unusual problem and I feel like I have hit a wall with this. I would appreciate any and every help!

I have twin Chris-Craft (Ford) 427s in my 1973 Double Cabin 38. last summer 5 of my intake push-rods got bent because of stuck intake valves. When I pulled the heads I saw a dark brown glue/gum kind of material all the way from under the carburetor flaps to the valve stems and behind the valve seat.

Got the heads rebuilt and put them back together, everything ran fine, for just about AN HOUR. shut the engine after initial test and when I went back to start it again, the same gum/glue was there and 3 of my intake valves were stuck.

I poured lacquer thinner down the intake manifold and it cleans it right up and releases the valves. Here are the things I've done to eliminate the source of the problem:

- Flushed my crank case with sea foam and changed the oil. Did a compression test and I got 150-180 all around.
- Did a pressure test on my cooling system and it holds 30 pounds of pressure no problems.
- To eliminate bad fuel, I rerouted my fuel to pull from the port tank. The port engine has no problems and is running on the same fuel.

After doing all that the engine ran fine for about 50 hours of cruising until I noticed a clicking noise again, pulled the carb and saw the same buildup in my manifold.

Can someone please point me to the right direction? Where is this coming from?

Any help is much appreciated!